[dropcap custom_class=”normal”]I[/dropcap]’ve been coming across great gift ideas that I’m afraid will sell out by the time I put them in a gift guide, so I thought I’d start sporadic “Perfect Present” posts to keep you in the loop on these finds. Kate Spade’s Surprise Sale started today. I’ve got my eye on this bottle stopper for holiday gifting. At just $17 (plus $5 shipping), it’s the perfect hostess gift for those on a budget. Just add a bottle of booze if you’re feeling extra festive!
I look forward to curating a travel gift guide each year. It’s a chance for me to discover awesome new products, like the Carry-On Cocktail Kit, and share a few of my standbys. While I would love to find this tribal necklace or this adorable calendar under the tree, I wanted to share more practical items this year. The 4-in-1 international charger worked out perfectly in Brussels, as did this mini power strip with USB ports. It’s a must for any hotel room with a shortage of outlets. One thing I wish we had was the luggage scale. We brought back a lot of hard-to-find Belgian beer and incurred a $200 overweight baggage fee as a result. Oops! It’s not a glamorous gift by any means, but the recommendation will be worthwhile if it helps just one couple pack more strategically! You also know how much we love our Floto duffel bags. We’ve used them for every trip over the last three years and they’re getting prettier with age. It’s a splurge, yes, but it will be a gift that lasts a lifetime. (May I also recommend upgrading the shoulder strap to this one? It makes a huge difference.)
The holiday season always seems to sneak up on me, which is why I’m starting my shopping–and my annual holiday gift guides–early this year. I’m planning to keep the gift guides relatively gender-neutral with a mix of items for both the men and women on your list. After all, female-only guides aren’t too helpful at this time of year when we’ve already scoured the women’s section of our favorite websites to create our own wish lists! You’ll also find more gift-giving ideas on Pinterest with the items that didn’t quite fit into the guide and the items I continue to come across this season. Happy shopping!
Dave and I decided to forgo Valentine’s Day gifts this year, since that cash is better off in a savings account for our trip to Europe. (And, to be honest, I’m really looking forward to our low-key evening of beer, video games, and a heart-shaped pizza.) If you’re still looking for the perfect gift for your sweetie, here are a few ideas that Dave would approve of:
- A handsome wool-blend sweater
- A versatile everyday watch with a selection of nato straps (I like this all-American version)
- A rugged laptop bag that doubles as his day bag on trips (This might be selfish. I hate nothing more than having to carry everything when we’re sightseeing!)
- The Complete Beer Course
- An apothecary shaving mug (which would look chic on your vanity filled with lipsticks)
- Luxe shaving supplies from Mercer + James (I just discovered this great online shop. Take 30% off your purchase through the end of February with the code BAUBLES30.)
- City map glasses with one of your favorite destinations
- A denim dopp kit
- Sphere ice cube molds (I gave a set to Dave for Christmas. Love ‘em.)
- A new pair of sunglasses
- The best bottle opener on the go
- A pair of heart and arrow boxer shorts