I’m rarely smitten with Banana Republic’s baubles, but this vintage-inspired aqua necklace is gorgeous. I love the ombre effect of the acrylic beads with a subtle string of rhinestones for just a bit of daytime glitz. Wear it now with a LBD and keep it in rotation as summer approaches. Wouldn’t it look divine with a breezy maxi dress?
Obviously I didn’t leave the house much in January, thanks to the biting cold of the polar vortex. At this point, I think we all deserve an early spring! Here’s hoping the groundhog doesn’t see his shadow in a couple of days.
In January, I…
- Wore this Chloe + Isabel arrow necklace (enter to win one here)
- Dreamed of a tropical escape
- Purchased my first bouquet of tulips of the season
- Won a lovely polka dot clutch from Kayu that I can’t wait to wear with these Julie Vos earrings
- Spent a lazy morning in bed with the cat
- Found a pretty cocktail dress at Express of all places
- Layered two of my favorite everyday rings from Karen Hsiang and Cynthia Jones
- Braved the polar vortex in a pair of bright wellies from Joules
- Opted for a summery mani and pedi
Lately, I’m loving:
- This delicate arrow necklace from Chloe + Isabel as an alternative to Valentine’s Day heart and lip prints. (But don’t worry, I’ll definitely be wearing my Erin Fetherston lip print dress on Feb. 14.) You can see how the necklace looks on here (so cute, right?) and you can enter to win one of your own here.
- A couple of new pieces from LOFT. I was sucked in to their 50% off promotion last week and ordered a dress, a striped swimsuit and a floral blouse. The dress is on the thin side and shows every imperfection. It’s also huge. That’s obviously going back. The swimsuit is all kinds of perfect if you order one size up and have a small chest. (The reviewer who said that there’s enough room for an ample bust is a liar. I wear an A-cup and wouldn’t recommend this for anyone over a B.) The blouse was a wildcard add-on just for free shipping, but it turned out to be lovely in person. It’s on the sheer side, so you’ll have to wear a cami at the office.
- My first Moda Operandi purchase. I just couldn’t say no to these Eddie Borgo earrings, especially when they’re scheduled to arrive around my birthday. (I also earned a nice bonus at work, so they’re a little treat before the rest of the money is allocated to practical things.)
My favorites from Chloe + Isabel’s Valentine’s Day collection are the dainty sterling silver pieces: heart and arrow rings, mismatched earrings and a delicate arrow necklace. I’m particularly fond of the Cupid’s arrow. It’s romantic without being saccharine and makes for a lovely everyday piece long after Valentine’s Day is over.
And as a little Valentine’s gift for you, one lucky gal will win an arrow necklace of her own! Good luck!
This giveaway is open to U.S. residents.