Happy Halloween weekend! We are beyond excited for our first holiday in the house, so much so that we’re going to leave work early on Tuesday so we don’t miss a single Trick-or-Treater! We have some last-minute prep work to do this weekend, though, including pumpkin carving and finishing our costumes. (We’re going as Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf. It’s an easy somewhat-last-minute couple’s costume to pull off!) We’re also toying with the idea of getting a case of mini beer cans or bottles for the adults. (Why should the kids have all the fun?) What are you up to this weekend?
- Celebrate the return of Stranger Things with these viewing party ideas. (Assuming you haven’t binge-watched the entire season yet!)
- I know we’re all conditioned (pun!) to use conditioner, but I’m in the no-conditioner camp. It makes my hair look sad and limp.
- Halloween didn’t always have treats.
- Sorel teamed up with Chloe to make a pair of ultra chic snow boots. I’m bummed they’re already sold out!
- How to get your home ready for a dinner party. (Our house has such a good flow between the living room, dining room, and deck. We’re hoping that we’ll have these areas at a good point next year to host a holiday gathering or two!)
- Seeing Alicia Silverstone revisit her iconic plaid ensemble from Clueless made my day.
- An off-the-shoulder sweater is an unexpectedly sexy way to get cozy. (Here’s another great option if that one sells out in your size. It looks like it’s popular!)
- Is it time for Bacon to have his own bedroom furniture? Would that make me too much of a crazy cat lady?
- This clear pumpkin pie is waiting for its Instagram moment. (There’s even a recipe for it!)
- These are on my wish list for fall.
Five Under $50
- Can you believe this chic mini bag is only $27?!
- I’m loving the ruffles on this cami. (You could easily dress up the black one for the holidays!)
- Wear dark floral palazzo pants with a slinky black cami this holiday season.
- A pretty bell-sleeve top.
- Earrings that look like modern art.
Earlier This Week:
- Baubles on a budget.
- A few items on our radar this month.
- We took Monday and Tuesday off this week and hung out with this guy.
- Bought a new houseplant. (I’m addicted.)
- More weekend links over at Curated Couple.
image via Unsplash