Wear your most glamorous swimsuit this weekend, sip a fruity cocktail and enjoy the summer sun.
Shockingly bright sandals
Flowers tucked into a pretty bud vase
A brass trinket box found in an Indiana antique store
Making infused vodka had been on our summer to-do list for over a year and I’m not really sure why we dawdled for so long. (Maybe I’m just too impatient for a cocktail?) It was incredibly easy and well worth the wait.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Fill a large Mason jar with your berry of choice (other fruits and peppers will also work). Make sure it’s ripe and take off any part of the fruit you wouldn’t normally eat (pits, stems, etc.).
- Add vodka (or gin or clear rum or whatever else your heart desires). We used Tito’s vodka.
- Seal it and stick it in the fridge for a couple of weeks. We shook ours every few days to mix it.
- Give it a taste. If you like the intensity, strain it and store in the fridge.
We kept it simple and mixed our concoction with 7Up. The lemon-lime soda added sweetness to the infused vodka without overshadowing the strawberry flavor. Next up: Blackberry vodka? Jalapeno tequila? Cherry rum?
I’m excited to introduce you to San Fransisco-based designer Sarah Greenberg and her jewelry line Sarah Swell. Her metalwork is heavily inspired by nature, creating organic shapes in easy-to-wear designs, like these coral fan earrings, fishbone necklace, or weathered diamond rings (my favorite).
Sarah started her line in 2008, after taking a silversmithing class on a whim. “While attending art school and concentrating on painting, I realized that I wanted to make wearable things instead of traditional artwork. I took a metalsmithing class and something just clicked. I spent several years honing my craft by immersing myself in the jewelry industry,” she explains.
“I’m most inspired by nature. I love taking a shape or a texture that I find and transforming it into a piece of jewelry that has a subtle nod to mother nature. I’m also drawn to things that are imperfect or edgy and this is reflected in the matte or black finishes that I often use in my work.”
- Sarah Swell Flotsam & Jetsam Earrings – “A striking, but lightweight earring really pulls and outfit together. This are my current go to pair.”
- Patterson J. Kincaid Summer Dress – “I’ve been searching high and low for a fun Summer maxi dress that is pretty, but not too feminine. This one has a flirty shape and fun bright pattern that almost feels floral, but upon closer inspection is more abstract.”
- Nars Lipstick in Heat Wave – ” I love wearing a bright lip and really no other make-up, it’s looks so fresh. Nars semi-matte lipsticks are the best, and this bright orange-red is next on my must have list.”
- Düller sketchbook – ” I always have a sketchbook with me for when inspiration strikes. I currently have my eye on this minimalistic Düller sketchbook to start fresh for summer.”
- Marais Sandal – “You can never have too many flat sandals! I adore this pair. They’re affordable, fun and look really comfortable.”
- Spending time at the zoo for Dave’s annual company picnic
- Dining on a caprese salad: a summer staple
- Carousel rides
- I can’t pass up a local festival or carnival
- An appropriate color for this month’s pedicure
- Carnations really are too pretty to be a “filler flower”
Follow Bedknobs & Baubles on Bloglovin’