Playful polka dots make this delicate lingerie set irresistible.
- A petite Sunday treat
- Adding a bright belt to a new dress
- Two roses left from the bouquet Dave gave me last week
- We may not have cherry blossoms, but trees are in bloom at Wisconsin’s capital
- A barrel of monkey erasers at a local gift store
- A new-to-me vintage necklace for only $3
Follow me on Instagram @bedknobsandbaubles!
It’s the moment you’ve been waiting for: a brief recap of our Floridian vacation. I can never get enough oceanside lounging, especially when seashells are abound.
The best place for shells was definitely along the rocky shore of the Blowing Rocks Preserve in Jupiter.
Why, yes, I am holding a bag of shells. There are just a few photos of me actually looking up to appreciate the scenery. I was happier with my nose in the sand.
Dave ventured much further out than I did.
One final glimpse of the preserve before we continued on.
Just south of the nature preserve was Palm Beach a.k.a. the first place I’ve ever felt poor. And yet, within 20 minutes of walking along Worth Avenue, we ducked into the Sunglass Hut and spent around $400 in the matter of minutes on two new pairs of shades.
Although, I’m not the one with rich blood in the relationship. My white Coach aviators only cost $130.
As expected, we spent plenty of time relaxing by the hotel pool (pictured) and the Atlantic.
The beach entrance at the corner of A1A and Las Olas.
The view is almost enough to convince me to move here – as long as my house is within a reasonable distance from the ocean.
I spent entirely too much time watching the sandpipers dart in and out of the surf. They were just as excitable as children.
A piece of coral that washed up on shore.
One of the most interesting attractions in Fort Lauderdale is the Bonnet House Museum.
Most of the lizards were camera shy, but Dave was able to get a close up of him.
We went to Flamingo Gardens in Davie where I appropriately wore the flamingo-print skirt Dave gave me for Christmas. Here, I’m befriending an ibis.
And, of course, Florida’s main attraction.
Dave coaxed me onto a bike last year: my first time riding one in well over a decade. Let’s just say that, yes, you can forget how to ride a bike. And, yes, you’ll ache the next day in places you didn’t know could ache. Despite last year’s rough experience, I’m trying to be optimistic about cycling this year.
- Notecards, Kate Spade, $25
- Almost Lipstick, Clinique, $15
- Polka Dot Dress, Delia’s, $44.50
- Bicycle Charm, Fossil, $18
- Wicker Purse, Kate Spade, $268
- Flower Bracelet, J.Crew, $68
- Bike Pillow, Thomas Paul, $78
- Napkin Ring, Sur La Table, $4.95 each
- Bicycle, Electra, price upon request
- Headscarf, Club Monaco, $59.50
- Floral Stack Rings, Forever21, $4.80
Club Monaco launched its e-commerce site today to an audience eagerly awaiting the brand’s classic-meets-vintage vibe. If you’re not one of the lucky few who live near a brick and mortar store, take advantage of limited-time free shipping with one of these items: the perfect peacoat, an embellished tank, a nautical sweater or an ikat tunic.