Last weekend, we celebrated the one-year anniversary of our first date with an overnight getaway to Milwaukee. Most of Saturday was spent downtown indulging in dinner and cocktails, but we did stop at the Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory (“The Domes”) to try out my new camera. The warmth and humidity of the tropical dome was just an added bonus.
I’ve been looking for a nail color that was equal parts peach and tangerine (which, coincidentally, would be a lovely cocktail combination: “the peach-erine-tini”). While Chanel polish is a splurge, “June” is exactly what I hoped for – and the color I plan to wear all spring.
- A few vintage brooches pinned to a cozy sweater
- A bouquet of tulips – my favorite flower
- Celebrating the one-year anniversary of our first date
- Touring the Mitchell Park Conservatory in Milwaukee
- Tropical foliage at the conservatory
- Milwaukee’s architecture
I’ve been scouring every male style site I can think of to find a suitable Valentine’s Day gift for Dave. I think I’ve finally narrowed it down. Of course, it needs to remain a secret until the 14th, but here are some ideas for the guy in your life that I can share.