As an event planner for a local business magazine, I don’t often have time to prep right before an after-work gathering. (In fact, I’ve become accustomed to changing clothes in the confines of a small bathroom stall!) Keeping my makeup and hair looking picture-perfect throughout the day takes some effort in the morning, but it’s worth getting up early. Here are a few beauty essentials I rely on:
- Pretty Cosmetic Case - It’s a chic way to tote mascara and lipstick to the ladies room minutes before the guests arrive.
- Velcro Rollers - Curling my hair and setting it in Velcro rollers helps retain body throughout the day. (Visit Elle’s blog for a great tutorial.)
- Concealer - A little extra concealer keeps me looking bright eyed even if I’m running ragged!
- Dry Shampoo - I have fine hair that lies flat and listless by the time 5 o’clock rolls around, but this dry shampoo gives it extra oomph.
- Eye Shadow Primer - Creased eye shadow tops my list of beauty annoyances. I’ve found that this primer eliminates them completely.
- Travel-Size Fragrance - Just a little spritz puts you in the party spirit.
- Bright Lipstick - Even if the rest of your makeup fades, lipstick in a punchy color transforms your look.
- Foundation Primer - I’m a recent primer advocate. It really does keep your makeup smooth and fresh longer than going without.