As you may have seen on Instagram, it’s been an emotional few weeks to say the least! Two weeks ago, we brought Bacon to the vet for abdominal bloating and he had lost weight to the point where his spine and hip bones were protruding. After a long afternoon at the vet followed by a trip to the emergency vet for an ultrasound, he was diagnosed with cancer in his liver and pancreas. (Based on how often he tries to sneak into the bar cabinet, I’m not surprised his liver is compromised. 😉 It’s probably too soon to make jokes, I know.) He had the fluids in his abdomen drained so he’s more comfortable and given an appetite stimulant. He spent the first weekend after his diagnosis entirely couch-bound and sleepy, which made us worry that the end was closer than we anticipated. That might have been due to a kitty cold because he has since bounced back a bit and his energy levels have returned, albeit he’s not as playful as he was prior. However, he’s doing about as well as can be expected; he wants to be around us all the time, he’s eating, and he rushes to the door to greet us when we get home. He doesn’t appear to be in pain or experiencing discomfort (we’ll put him on a painkiller when the time comes). It’s extremely hard on us knowing in the back of our mind that we’ll need to say goodbye to the little guy, but we’re trying to stay positive and enjoy each day we get to hang out with him. As a childless couple, he’s our kid and we love him dearly.
- Found ourselves in Lake Geneva for dinner and a walk around the picturesque town
- Wore beloved bracelets and a new pink skirt
- Lounged with Bacon who was being particularly sweet (probably to make up for chewing my DVF iPhone case earlier that morning)
For more daily snippets, follow me on Instagram @bedknobsandbaubles
Follow Bedknobs & Baubles on Bloglovin’
- Cleaning makeup brushes was long overdue
- The aftermath of Friday’s snowfall
- A necklace I made on Saturday (DIY post coming soon!)
- Too playful to sleep
- Smitten with new Kate Spade goodies
- Looking forward to wearing my necklace with this mint shell
I’m satisfied with my new purse. Bacon is satisfied with his new box. Win, win.