With exception of the jumpsuit I wore in Portugal, this is my first outfit post of the year! I figured that now we’re on the cusp of Labor Day, I may as well show you an outfit that pretty much sums up what I’ve been wearing all summer: the sandals I’ve had wish listed for nearly three years and finally bought (worth every penny), a breezy dress, oversize rings by way of the moonstone beauties here and here (both c/o; also have this one), and that tote that probably has just a few weeks left before everyone grows tired of the PVC trend (but it’s on sale if you’re still digging it).
Don’t you just love when you find an item that’s a little unexpected and yet so perfectly you? That’s how I feel about this dress. I’m crazy about the slight swing shape that skims over curves without looking oversized; and I love the sleeves, the line of buttons down the back, and the charming star print. The fact that it’s an easy-to-wear silk is just icing on the cake. I’ve already worn it four times since it arrived three weeks ago and I have a feeling that the festive starry print will be in heavier rotation now that we’re in the holiday season. The print also comes in a blouse and a skirt, which are both 25% off today!
There are a couple of additional sales I’m shopping today, including J.Crew’s Cyber Monday promotion. They’re offering 40% off your purchase, plus another 10% and free shipping until 12 p.m. EST. The one thing I really wanted is excluded (go figure), but I’m incredibly tempted to order this pink faux fur stole. It’d be darling with my emerald green winter coat. LOFT is another retailer worth browsing today with 50% off everything and free shipping on any order (a rarity with them!). I’d recommend this blouse (worn here last week) and this top. Shopping for your home instead? It’s the last day of CB2’s sale with 15% off and free shipping on orders of $29 or more. (I have and love these candle holders, which would make a great gift!) West Elm is celebrating today with major deals across its family of brands like a mere $100 for this Dutch oven — the black one is so chic!
Madewell dress (also available here) | Rebecca Minkoff bag (25% off today with code BLACK25) | Monica Vinader ring (similar) | Gerard Yosca earrings (c/o; love this pair I found on eBay) | Prada sunglasses | Ferragamo flats
This week, I’m smitten with:
- A cheerful red dress that’s under $100! Not only do I adore the color, I love that there are stretchy insets at the sides to ensure a perfect fit and it’s bra-friendly. It also comes in black with striped sides. (I’m pretty excited that Madewell items are now more readily available at other retailers, especially when those retailers that have free shipping both ways.)
- A raffia box adorned with a pineapple closure. It’s a chic way to hide any small trinkets on your coffee table. (Speaking of which, I really like pineapples and just started a Pinterest board of ’em.)
- Bold color. Weathermen are forecasting a spring heatwave next week in the low 50s. Just knowing spring is on the horizon puts me in the mood for bright, saturated color. This blanket is pricey, but it’s a fun inspiration piece.
- Lemons and limes on this maxi dress. What do you think? Ridiculous or a must-have for Florida? (Possibly both.)
- The cutest chambray romper.
- A red bucket bag. Nothing screams summer like the reemergence of nautical pieces. A patriotic bucket bag keeps it on-trend.
- Not Pictured: I’m tempted to snag these pillows for our bed. The pattern reminds me of Tory Burch’s summer textiles.