I’ve been striking out with my online purchases lately. This skirt was entirely too short to wear in public and this scarf turned out to be more of an olive green instead of the pretty heather grey I had hoped for. I still have this dress on its way to me and my fingers are crossed that it works out. Dave’s office Christmas party is quickly approaching and I need a pretty cocktail dress for the occasion. If it’s a bust, I’m thinking of ordering this. Nautical stripes aren’t your standard holiday fare, but it sure is cute.
Can we also discuss how cute this leather wine tote is?! I’m not much of a wine drinker, but it could do double duty as a little picnic tote. No one needs to haul a giant basket with all of the fixin’s. A bottle of booze and a few snacks are all you really need. Alternatively, it’s a chic option for the farmers’ market if your shopping list only includes flowers and cheese.
- Played hooky on Thursday afternoon and spent a few hours by the pool
- Celebrated the “I dos” of my cousin and his beautiful bride
- Danced in a pair of sparkly heels – and tried to polka for the first time
- Stopped at Green Bay’s Bay Beach Amusement Park to ride the world’s fourth oldest wooden roller coaster and, of course, the ferris wheel
- Added a couple of lovely items to my wardrobe: this ASOS skirt and a top c/o Sway Chic
For more daily snippets, follow me on Instagram @bedknobsandbaubles
Happy 4th of July!
Plenty of sparklers for tonight.
Today’s outfit contenders: a vintage necklace that belonged to my grandma and sailboat-print shorts.