This was just one of those weeks that seemed to slip by before I even knew it, and while I had a few fun things planned for the blog this week, none of them came to fruition. I had just been in full-on relaxation mode with the incredible weather we’ve been having. If you saw my Instagram post on Thursday, you’ll also know that I’ve been zipping around in a Prius that I’m borrowing for a partnership with Toyota. I’ll be sharing some of my favorite spots in Madison on Instagram over the next few days and publishing a 48 hours in Madison travel guide early next week. The best part: for every Instagram “like” on my #MyTownMyPrius images, Toyota will donate a $1 to a charity of my choice. I selected Madison Reading Project, which offers books and literacy programming to underserved children. So, please help me out if you can by liking my Instagram posts over the weekend. It’s such a fun opportunity to give back. (I’m totally guilty of just scrolling through everyone’s beautiful images on Instagram and forgetting to double tap on things, and I’m sure some of you are in the same boat!)
- I loved Meghan Markle’s understated and elegant wedding gown, even if Charlotte stole the show!
- I found it really interesting that U.S. birth rates have hit a 30-year low.
- Six ways to have a more productive weekend.
- This rhubarb-almond cake looks delicious.
- It’s so tempting to plan an international trip when you’re itching for a beautiful city, but there are 14 equally attractive American destinations that you should add to your travel list.
- If you can pull off a shift-style dress, try this pretty eyelet one and pair it with these bow-topped slides.
- Tales from Catharine Becket, the the senior vice president of jewelry at Sotheby’s.
- Krystal makes a case for wearing things again and again.
- How to successfully grow mint for your summer recipes (and cocktails!).
- Cult Gaia is suing Steve Madden for allegedly copying the brand’s “Ark” bag. Sure, they look identical (you can snag it here for less than the Cult Gaia version), but the design is originally a copy of a vintage Japanese picnic basket. I’m curious to see what the courts decide.
Finds Under $50:
- With a flirty ruffle and a criss-cross back, this tank is such a fun option for warm weather.
- I love the wood handle on this straw bag.
- A cute button-front dress.
- Stock up on these versatile camis.
- A gingham card case is the perfect size for your summer clutches.
Earlier This Week: