Happy Friday! This week flew by and I’m delighted the weekend is here again, especially since it’s finally over 80 degrees and I’ll be heading to the pool with Dave as soon as he gets home from work! But first, virtual thank-you hugs for all of the birthday wishes this week! We spent most of the day furniture shopping for our house. We picked out a couch that we’ll custom order in the next couple of weeks with a light grey tweed-esque fabric and walnut legs. I just love the elegant lines! And then we stumbled across this leather armchair in the “Classic Sahara” color on sale for $700. We were going to wait a week and see if we were still smitten with it, but two beers later I decided that we needed it in our lives and we went back to purchase it. It’s such a beautiful, classic piece that we’ll likely have forever. Now, my willingness to impulsively purchase furniture was partly due to the happy news that the seller of our house is willing to take on around $3,000 of the electrical and plumbing work that needs to be done. There’s still plenty that needs to be done eventually, but getting the must-dos taken care of by someone other than us was a huge sigh of relief. So, now we’re in the final throes of the home-buying process. It’s scary, but unbelievably exciting and we’re champing at the bit to to get our home blog up and running!
- Comparing subway maps to their actual geography.
- I’d like to make this charred corn salad every weekend this summer.
- The psychology behind why you can’t stick to a budget.
- I don’t wear heels enough to justify the price tag on these, but I’m obsessing over them regardless.
- Temple St. Clair has always been one of my favorite jewelry designers, and the fact that she refers to herself as a “jewelry anthropologist” makes me adore her even more.
- It’s national doughnut day! If anyone wants to whip up these coconut raspberry doughnuts for me, I wouldn’t turn them down. 😉
- Marianne looks so cute in her nautical-inspired look. Those sleeves!
- My recent Sephora order came with a deluxe sample of AERIN’s Waterlily Sun fragrance. I don’t normally go for floral scents, but this one is light and dewy and, well, perfect.
- And, speaking of perfection, this mini dress is amazing! I love the flirty hemline, long sleeves for shielding arms from too much sun, and lace-up front. Better yet, it’s under $100.
- Ivenoven, a baker from Jakarta, made the most stunning cakes decorated with frosting succulents.
- A convincing reason to unplug from the office when you’re on vacation.
- Another year older.
- How I spent my money this month.
- Pairing an easy summer dress with moonstone baubles.