We officially moved into our house on Thursday afternoon with the help of hired movers — thank goodness! I thought it was such an indulgent expense when we’re still young(ish) and able-bodied, but it really helped reduce a lot of the stress we would have felt otherwise. The house is in a good spot, too. We took care of the painting that we could conceivably get through before moving in, and the floors are refinished and gorgeous. There are still plenty of projects waiting in the wings, but the pressure to get things done after work every day has dissipated. We’ll work on a little bit here and there and it’ll be done before we know it — with the exception of big, expensive projects like a bathroom remodel. For now, however, I’m luxuriating in how wonderful it is to have all of our belongings in one place again — even if we don’t know where half of them are in the mountain of boxes waiting to be unpacked!
- The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is still going strong! If you didn’t shop earlier with this neat trick (bookmark it for next year!), now’s the time to scour the sale and see if there are any fall pieces you’d love to add to your wardrobe. I ordered some Smartwool no-show socks since I’m all about the bare ankles throughout the year, and this dress, which is a splurge, but I’m in love with it. (Happily, there’s enough room with the swing shape to accommodate full hips without having to go up a size!)
- Sephora is testing a boutique-style shop in response to consumer habits.
- As if I didn’t already have wanderlust, Temple St. Clair’s guide to Florence is making me want to book a trip!
- This adorable couple travels around the world and takes the best photos interacting with the local architecture.
- This interview with Giada de Laurentiis is filled with tips to take your pasta to the next level.
- Even though this isn’t my style in the least, I’m really into to this popover anorak in green.
- We painted our wood-paneled office white, which is a refreshing blank slate, but we’re eager to add some personality to the room with artwork by way of a gallery wall. I’ve pinned this guide from Emily Henderson for reference when we collect enough pieces!
- Ugh, these are so expensive, but I want to wear them every day this fall!
- Simple, fresh salads are at the top of my menu during these sweltering summer months. This one with tomatoes, nectarines, and fresh mozzarella looks incredible.
- Remembering costume jewelry designer Kenneth Jay Lane, who passed away this week.
Five under $50:
- I’m so tempted to order these feather earrings.
- This midi dress looks like a great summer-to-fall transitional piece that you can wear to the office.
- A slinky satin wrap dress for nights out. (Wear it over a turtleneck with booties this fall.)
- A pair of oversize geometric earrings.
- Wear-with-everything sandals embellished with pearls.