I haven’t shopped at Express since college when I needed a last-minute sparkly top for barhopping. So, you can imagine my surprise when I found the perfect little party dress at the retailer on sale for around $70. The metallic navy material is gorgeous and you know I’m a sucker for a full skirt. With a tuxedo jacket, it’s perfect for the upcoming cocktail awards reception I’m planning at work.View comments)
Lately, I’m loving:
- This DVF clutch from Loehmann’s that came to $55 after shipping. It’s a shame that my new iPhone (in gold!) doesn’t fit inside. Pretty > Impractical
- A holiday sweater. We’re going to the Twin Cities the weekend of December 14th for a handful of birthday celebrations. We’re all expected to wear holiday sweaters, but I just can’t spend money on an ugly version. (I’m such a party pooper!) I’ll wear a tartan sweater with a light-up necklace and earrings instead.
- Eric Stonestreet’s eggnog shake as described in the latest issue of Bon Appetit: eggnog, peppermint ice cream and rum blended together. Happy holidays, indeed.
1. Joie loafers, $185 // 2. Madewell sweatshirt, $75 // 3. Kenneth Jay Lane necklace, $250 // 4. DVF jumpsuit, $465 // 5. Milly clutch, $365 // 6. Kate Spade gloves, $128 // 7. Lulu Frost necklace, $324 // 8. Mark and Graham mug, $30 // 9. Elizabeth Cole earrings, $228 // 10. Kate Spade gloves, $128(View comments)
Right now, I’m coveting:
- This sophisticated Diane von Furstenberg clutch. I’m planning to purchase it next month. (So excited!)
- A pretty pitcher that looks even more gorgeous filled with a strawberry pink cocktail
- A graphic crane-print dress to pair with flat sandals now and work-ready pumps this fall.
- Art Deco earrings from Tory Burch
- A quirky crab trinket box
- This hue for weekday manicures
- Silver flats with a small hint of gold at the heel (I ordered these on Tuesday and will let you know if they’re fabulous in person)
I had this dress bookmarked for awhile, but was hesitant to pull the trigger since it’s unlike anything else in my closet. But that’s exactly what I love about it. The a-line shift style is unbelievably comfortable and the lightweight jacquard is a nice option for whenever the weather finally does warm up. (I put a coat on right after we snapped these photos.)
On another note, how cute are the Chloe sunglasses with the scalloped detail? DITTO sent them over for a review that will be up tomorrow!View comments)
Right now, I’m coveting:
- A swimsuit in my favorite Liberty print would be a fun splurge for our upcoming vacation
- A pair of delicate earrings made of Mother of Pearl and blue topaz
- This carefree dress
- A cheerful iPhone case
- A colorful clutch that will go with just about everything you wear this spring and summer
- A pair of emerald side chairs - I can’t afford this set, but it serves as inspiration for scouting garage sales
- A white belt with a gold metal bow for under $14
Over the past year, I’ve added four pairs of mint shoes to my wardrobe: heels, loafers, sandals and sneakers. The hue may seem impractical, but it’s versatile enough to pair with winter’s evergreen then transition seamlessly to spring.View comments)
Much to Dave’s dismay, I wear my hair up a lot. My hair just can’t retain body without the help of a curling iron, Velcro rollers and a miracle. It’s precisely why I can’t leave the house without a hair elastic slipped around my wrist or a dozen tucked into my bag and my car (in lieu of money in the change drawer). These hair ties from Kitsch are so much prettier than the standard elastic and make a midday ponytail look like an intentional beauty choice. (I’m partial to the glittery "Berry Bling" set.)
Stay tuned for information on how to win a set of your own during the 12 Days of Holiday Giveaways! It all starts Friday.View comments)
If it’s mint, turquoise or stripes, I’m sold. What can I say? The heart wants what it wants, so it’s no surprise that this necklace from Outfit Additions is my latest go-to gem. Outfit Additions is a California-based accessory store that offers unique designs and quality workmanship at affordable prices. In fact, everything in the shop is under $60 with free shipping. (Seriously, free shipping gets me every time.) You’ll want to keep this one in mind for your holiday shopping, even if it’s just for yourself.
Exclusive Discount! For today only, take 25% off your Outfit Additions purchase of $50 or more. Code: baubles
Necklace: c/o Outfit Additions // Ring: c/o Gorjana // Coat: Ann Taylor // Dress: J.Crew // Clutch: Diane von Furstenberg // Shoes: Kate Spade (this season’s version has a bow - swoon! - but I can’t find it online yet)