I’ve long been a fan of the Julie Vos’ work and one of my favorite pieces is this showstopping pendant. I’ll admit that it’s not a cheap indulgence at $330, but it’s a piece you’ll reach for again and again this summer. If your budget is a bit more modest, check out the "Friday Deal" section on her site for a selection of discounted beauties. (I couldn’t resist this cuff in sapphire blue.) There’s always free shipping and you can take 25% off your purchase with code SUMMER25.View comments)
I haven’t shopped at Express since college when I needed a last-minute sparkly top for barhopping. So, you can imagine my surprise when I found the perfect little party dress at the retailer on sale for around $70. The metallic navy material is gorgeous and you know I’m a sucker for a full skirt. With a tuxedo jacket, it’s perfect for the upcoming cocktail awards reception I’m planning at work.View comments)
Lately, I’m loving:
- This vintage brass elephant Dave tucked in my Christmas stocking. I’m using it as a ring holder on my dresser. (There are a lot of options on eBay. Don’t be put off by the dingy ones; brass cleaner works wonders.)
- The polka dot clutch I won from Kayu’s Instagram giveaway. Now I’m even more anxious for the weather to warm up. (Today’s forecast has wind chills down to -50 degrees. Days like this make me thankful I don’t own a dog that needs to be walked. You’ll find me snuggled up in piles of blankets with the cat with absolutely no intention of stepping foot outdoors.)
- This tank to wear with these shorts.
I usually buy a new travel-size perfume before we head on vacation. It’s a small (yet effective) way to bring back vivid memories of the getaway long after we’ve come home. It’s also why Philosophy’s margarita body wash conjures up memories of a harsh California sunburn and Pucci’s Acqua 330 takes me back to the first vacation I took with Dave just months after meeting.
I’ve recently been introduced to Callio Fragrance, a NYC-based company founded on the belief that scent can bring back special moments. Callio Fragrance offers seven signature scents, all concocted by hand. I was given the opportunity to try Melee and Kiele. I knew I’d fall for Melee’s combination of lime, coconut and lemongrass (three of my favorite fragrances), but I didn’t expect to prefer the lush florals of Kiele. I usually avoid florals since they can be a bit matronly, but this one is young and fresh. In fact, it’s already packed in my travel bag for South Carolina (we leave in 10 days!). I can’t wait for the memories this one brings back months later.View comments)
It’s not a secret that I adore Julie Vos’ jewelry. (Actually, “adore” might be too subtle. “Covet,” “obsessed with” and “head-over-heels for” are more accurate.) Julie expertly mixes colored gemstones with classic styles to create pieces that look like precious souvenirs from a faraway marketplace.
I remember coveting this coat from Deborah Lloyd’s tenure at Banana Republic back in 2004. Even though I had my Gap employee discount, I couldn’t justify the purchase on my modest college budget. But some things are meant to be. I stumbled across the coat on eBay a couple of weeks ago and scored it for $40.View comments)
I’m excited to introduce you to my latest jewelry crush and sponsor of Bedknobs & Baubles: Julie Vos. The relaxed elegance of her collection has me dreaming of a tropical escape, and the first thing I’d pack is the chalcedony ring featured above. She launched her collection of rich, wearable gems in 2006 and has since received national acclaim with features in magazines such as Real Simple (on the cover!) and Lucky. Julie’s line primarily features jewelry in gold tones and semi-precious stones, but has expanded to include scarves and clutches. While you’re browsing the site, you’ll discover that many of the items offer a variety of stone options, making it easy for you to find the perfect one.
All items featured above were gifted to me byJulie Vos. Her generosity does not influence my opinion of the brand.(View comments)
It’s hard to get back into the swing of things after a weekend of little indulgences: dining out, at-home manicures, and a sweet lemon-scented candle.View comments)
Right now, I’m coveting:
- An oversized gold lamp would make an elegant statement piece in an entryway
- A pair of Tory Burch perforated sandals in a lovely shade of terracotta
- A vibrant rug that’s also affordable
- Jewelry by Julie Vos - I’d love to wear her beachy pieces on our next seaside vacation (this necklace is also stunning)
- Name your own nail polish makes for a fun bridal shower favor
- Whistles’ sleek lookbook, especially that striped dress
- A pair of tweezers in glamorous gold