Doesn’t this look like it was taken in Charleston? Nope, Notting Hill in London. I think it’s crazy that they get so much water and such mild temperatures that variations of tropical foliage can thrive. It was definitely one of the most surprising things I discovered in the United Kingdom! (I’ll have more photos up soon, along with an itinerary of what we did and a travel guide.) Plant life aside, happy weekend! We delightfully have no plans this weekend and are hoping to go on a few bike rides, work around the house, enjoy home-cooked meals, and maybe even break out the grill!
- It’s Kentucky Derby weekend! Here’s a ranking of this year’s horses based on name alone.
- Obviously, you’ll have to perfect your mint julep skills before Saturday. (And if you feel like throwing a last-minute soiree for the most exciting two minutes in sports, take a look at this guide.)
- Tory Burch’s favorite scent-related memories.
- Allie’s roundup of Nashville’s most Instagrammable spots makes me want to go back! (You can read my Nashville guide here.)
- I just ordered this dress to try. The shape is typically a flattering one for me, so I thought I’d give it a whirl. (I’ve lost 13 pounds since Thanksgiving, so I’m in this weird transitional period with some of my fitted items.)
- High school dress codes are unbelievably outdated and sexist.
- The story behind Madonna’s slip dress in “Like a Prayer.”
- If you don’t already have wanderlust, this list of the world’s most colorful places is sure to have you aching to book a flight.
- How many flowers go into a bottle of Chanel No. 5?
- The Boy Scouts of America will be dropping the word “boy” as they welcome girls to scouting next year. I was a Girl Scout from first through 12th grade, but I think it’s great that the Boy Scouts are forming a co-ed scouting opportunity.
Finds Under $50:
- This is the best deal I’ve found on a woven tote bag yet, and there’s free shipping through the end of today!
- Pair this beach dress with strappy sandals and you have a dinner-ready outfit on your next excursion. (Use code SUNNY for 40% off.)
- I bought this dress last week and I absolutely adore it. It reminds me of something you’d find at Anthro. (I’m going to have the ruffled sleeves removed.)
- We’ve had a lot of rain lately, making an umbrella my daily accessory! I love the preppy stripes on this one.
- This is such a cute little gingham top!
Earlier This Week: