If you saw my Instagram story the other day, you know that we got home much later than anticipated from our trip to Portland. Twenty-two hours late to be exact. Our flight out of Portland was delayed on July 3 and we would have missed our connection in Denver. When given the option between paying for a hotel (out of our pocket) in Denver or Portland, we chose the latter because a hotel near the airport is only a 15-minute Uber ride from worthwhile things to do in the city so we could make the best of an annoying situation. Travel hassles aside, Portland was so much fun and Oregon was one of the prettiest states I’ve visited!
- Exploring why Americans are having fewer babies.
- Packing advice for your summer vacation.
- While I hate licorice of the Twizzlers variety, I fell in love with salty black licorice during our trip to Copenhagen. Portland-based Jacobsen Salt Co. makes an incredible version of the candy.
- The secret note discovered during a bathroom remodel is adorable!
- Seven sources for royalty-free images to use as artwork in your home.
- Tips for making new friends as an introvert.
- How Anna Delvey conned New York’s elite.
- Beachside book suggestions that aren’t romance novels.
- While I haven’t been the biggest fan of West Elm recently, I ordered this mini console table for our entryway with the current 25% off promotion. The size is perfect for what we need, and the drawers will be nice for keeping things organized. (Right now, we put our keys and sunglasses on top of the bar and it drives me crazy!)
- Thirteen drugstore beauty buys to try.
Finds Under $50:
- Acrylic earrings in a pretty emerald hue.
- Tigers are a whimsical — and surprisingly subtle — addition to this dress.
- I love everything about this tank, especially the pretty back detail.
- My favorite dress for air travel is only $15 right now.
- The perfect dress for when it’s too hot to let fabric to touch your skin.
- Such a pretty throw pillow.
Earlier This Week:
- Scenes from our trip to Oregon are right this way.