I hope you’re having a wonderful weekend! We’re off to see another house in a couple of hours. This one needs a bit more love and attention than the last house we put in an offer on, but there’s something I like about that. We’re less gunshy about making changes to the interior to really make it reflect our aesthetic. It’s hard to do that on a home that’s been recently renovated, even if the finishes aren’t to our taste. To that end, I’ve still been shopping for home items that I love, like a robin’s egg blue garden hose of all things. (It’s half that price at our local hardware store.) I never thought a garden hose would grace my wish list, but here we are. #Adulting
And with that, here’s what caught my fancy this week:
- Dolce & Gabbana is partnering with the home appliance brand SMEG for a collection of brightly colored kitchen appliances that highlight Sicilian folklore.
- How is Urban Outfitters navigating today’s retail landscape?
- Ah! This mini woven tote is so cute! I just love all of the colors.
- Abercrombie & Fitch is growing up, thanks to its senior vice president of design. (I’m surprised by how much I love this striped romper from the brand. Pair it with slides and a woven bag and you’re set for summer.)
- I had no idea that Victoria’s Secret and Nike are among the top brands for Millennials.
- I just bought this tie-front dress. I love that the top is lined and the fabric is thick enough that small-chested ladies won’t need a bra.
- These earrings also arrived this week. They’re pretty lightweight for how large they are.
- Here’s a cocktail that’s almost too pretty to drink.
- The iconic TWA terminal at JFK airport by mid-century architect Eero Saarinen is being renovated into a hotel.
- Just look at these gorgeous photos of Australia’s salt ponds.
- Preppy favorites for this week’s “The Coveted.”
- Three one-piece swimsuits that are wallet-friendly alternatives to Marysia bathing suits.
- A ruffled dress I wore in New Orleans.
The photo above is from our trip to NOLA. I’m planning to have a travel guide up next week!