Well, I certainly didn’t expect to take a week-long hiatus from the blog! We spent just about every waking hour Saturday through Wednesday painting the house, did additional painting Thursday evening, and again Friday afternoon. We’re going to swing by the house this morning to do some small touch-up work and then clean up the house so that we’re ready for the floor guy at 7 a.m. on Monday, and then we’re off to Summerfest in Milwaukee for the night! There’s still plenty more to paint (upstairs hallway, all the trim upstairs, and doors), but we need a break and floor refinishing couldn’t have come at a better time. I can’t tell you how excited we are to spend the next week relaxing, not inhaling paint fumes, and getting a good start on packing up the apartment. Plus, I miss having time to blog! We’ll have another Curated Couple post up soon with photos of our painting progress.
- I just love this dress on Lydia.
- Hey, Gilmore Girls fans, Scott Patterson is developing his own brand of coffee. We’re thisclose to basically being at Luke’s Diner.
- With sales falling flat thanks to the Greek yogurt craze, Yoplait had to learn to manufacture authenticity with its latest effort: French yogurt.
- And, it seems that Yoplait might be on to something given the billion-dollar industry around the “French girl.”
- Exercise leggings with pockets! Finally!
- Did you know there was a Dior cookbook?!
- Catharine Becket has any bauble-lover’s dream job as a jewelry specialist at Sotheby’s.
- The latest earrings to capture my fancy.
- Ceiling fans don’t have to be ugly.
- There’s a new theory (with possible photographic evidence) that Amelia Earhart may have survived.
Five Under $50:
- A pair of earrings that combine classic hoops with trendy thread-wrapped balls.
- I’m all about swingy camisoles on hot days.
- A chambray shift dress with a flattering shape.
- A vintage-inspired souvenir scarf.
- The latest book on my must-have list.