I just got word that our floors are done! However, we don’t have a key to the only entrance to our house that doesn’t have hardwood floors in front of it, so we need to wait until tomorrow to go in through the front and see how everything turned out. I can’t wait! Part of me is nervous that I picked the wrong stain and I won’t be crazy about the floors in person — which, itself, is crazy; I’m sure they’re gorgeous. On a less exciting note, we got word from our insurance company that we have some work to do on the house in the next month. My walk-in closet has a door that leads to the roof of the kitchen addition. (You can see it in this post.) We were planning to have a contractor look at it — eventually — to make sure the roof is structurally sound enough to build a balcony overlooking our backyard. It looks like we need to expedite our plans! Our insurance company is requiring that we put in a railing now because it’s a safety hazard. I completely get it, but it’s such an annoying surprise to have to deal with right now. Part of me wants to go with a cheap fix to satisfy the insurance company, but I’d rather just spend money once and put it toward building a balcony that we’ll actually use and enjoy.
- This budget-conscious dress reminds me of the striped pieces DVF did this season.
- Beyoncé shared the first photo of her twins in the most Beyoncé way ever.
- H&M recently announced its latest designer collaboration. I love the teaser clip!
- I probably should have mentioned this before Prime Day, but did you know that you can head to smile.amazon.com and choose a charity to support with every purchase? You can learn more about it here. (I support the Great Lakes Bengal Rescue. We’re hoping to get another Bengal after we move into our house so that Bacon has a buddy to play with, although we’ll probably shell out the money for a kitten. Cat-induced asthma be damned.)
- Do you have fashion regrets?
- Mustard is quickly becoming the new hot color. (I’ve actually been daydreaming about these in the marigold color rather than the fuchsia hue that captured bloggers’ hearts.)
- Gucci is launching a home decor line.
- Christina shared her struggle with adult acne and some of the products she found successful in treating it.
- Still on the lookout for the perfect bar cart? This one looks like a luxe estate find.
- I thought milkshakes were off the table now that I’m lactose intolerant. Not anymore! Check out this non-dairy version!
Five Under $50:
- This polka dot blouse would be so cute tucked into an a-line skirt.
- I love the striped pattern on this swingy tank top.
- Kenneth Jay Lane’s version of the ball drop earrings that everyone is loving this season finally went on sale.
- Metallic straps lend a chic touch to espadrille sandals.
- This floral dress is a romantic option for a summer wedding.
- Sharing some photos of our painting progress around the house!
- How to shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale without a brand credit or debit card.
- Five home items worth the hype at the aforementioned sale. (Plus, links to two of the most awful things available.)
- Rounding up the perfect fall wish list. (I need to own that bag!)
- Spotted this gorgeous artwork tucked away in a Milwaukee alley last weekend.