1. Madewell cotton blend sweater | 2. Jenny Bird ‘Ariel’ earrings | 3. Miu Miu glitter metallic pumps | 4. Lele Sadoughi crystal lily earrings | 5. H&M jacquard patterned skirt | 6. Marc Fisher ‘Zala’ pump | 7. Eddie Borgo signet ring
August is such a weird month for shopping. I’m terribly excited about all knits and woolens, but I don’t want the warm weather to go away! I find myself scooping up deeply discounted dresses to wear these last weeks of summer (just ordered this one to try), while wish-listing beautiful fall items that are out of my price range (like this gorgeous coat). What I really need to do this month is cut myself off so that I can splurge in September on a piece I’ll wear throughout the season and well into winter.
1. A.P.C. Marianne wool-blend jacket | 2. Zara beaded minaudiere | 3. DIFF Rose 55mm polarized mirrored sunglasses | 4. Astley Clarke Marcel oval hoop earrings | 5. H&M cotton shirt | 6. Lele Sadoughi sugarbush petal ring | 7. NARS dual-intensity eyeshadow | 8. H&M textured skirt | 9. Loeffler Randall Lock faux fur-trimmed shoulder bag | 10. Eddie Borgo Orissa gold-plated hoop earrings | 11. Tory Burch Loretta velvet platform sandals
I can’t believe it’s already August! With the house purchase and move, I feel like I haven’t been taking enough time to enjoy my favorite season — and it’s even harder to relish these last summer days with the temptation to shop for fall pieces! (I’m looking at you, Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.) So, you’ll have to bear with me as I daydream about transitional items to bring my closet into autumn. Topping my wish list is this cropped jacket from J.Crew. It looks like such a cute piece to throw on with jeans or a fit-and-flare skirt and sneakers over the weekend.
1. Ellery Anthology gold-plated earrings | 2. Aaryah Naz Two Finger Ring | 3. Prada cat-eye sunglasses | 4. Three Graces London Mirinda striped linen and cotton-blend dress | 5. Target Windson wood arm chair | 6. Kate Spade Kelley pillow | 7. Rag & Bone Keaton flat crisscross canvas slide sandal | 8. J.Crew cropped jacket | 9. Nate Berkus brass hexagon end table | 10. Tory Burch rope knot stud earrings | 11. Madewell Devon fringe sandals
I can’t believe it’s been a month since I’ve last published an edition of “The Coveted” and it’s such a shame because it’s one of my favorite posts to work on. Things have just been so hectic with the house lately that I barely have time to sleep, let alone work on the blog or even browse stores for summer clothes! I’m happy to report that I have plenty of summer dresses to get me through the rest of the season (even if I just ordered this dress to try, along with this top and pair of shorts), so I’m turning my attention to pre-fall favorites. While I’m not looking forward to cooler weather, I’m starting my wish list early so that I can start saving and picking the pieces that are both versatile and statement-making. Topping my must-have list is this ’70s-inspired beaded wooden bag. I’m trying to stay away from purchasing items that are basically reinterpretations of things I already own and this beauty is just the type of item I’m looking for.
1. Tory Burch Jayne dress | 2. Balenciaga cat-eye sunglasses | 3. Bauble Bar feather earrings | 4. Topshop holiday cross-strap sandals | 5. Mercedes Salazar fiesta tropical earrings | 6. J.Crew ruffle one-shoulder swimsuit | 7. Rebecca Minkoff passport cover | 8. Tory Burch beaded shoulder bag | 9. YSL nail polish | 10. Opening Ceremony shirt dress
1. Diane von Furstenberg color-block maxi dress | 2. Serefina Luna tassel earrings | 3. H&M flounce-sleeve top | 4. Staud Moreau macramé and leather bucket bag | 5. Tory Burch Willow hammered metal stud earrings | 6. Waiting On Martha vintage-inspired absinthe bistro coaster | 7. LORAC Alter-Ego lip gloss | 8. Jacqueline Rose classic signet ring | 9. Tory Burch cabochon statement ring | 10. BP mirror square sunglasses | 11. Loeffler Randall Vera slide sandals | 12. H&M patterned jumpsuit