You know how sometimes the shopping gods smile down on you? That was the past six weeks for me. It felt like everything I tried on was a home run and I had no qualms about adding them to my closet, rounding out my spring/summer wardrobe for the year.
The only non-sartorial item I bought recently is that gorgeous East Fork Pottery bowl. It’s the perfect size for a bag of popcorn or serving a side dish. I just love it so much. They also have the best mugs that we use every day for coffee. They don’t have an affiliate program or any incentive for sharing this, but they do offer a $20 coupon that customers can share with their friends. Just use this link and it’ll take $20 off your first purchase.
See this year’s sartorial additions here.
- J.Crew ruched bandeau one-piece swimsuit – We’re going to Miami next week and having a oceanside trip on the books was reason enough to add a new bathing suit to my collection. I just love the color and, as you can see above, blue is my must-have hue this year! I wear my regular size in this one.
- J.Crew draped sarong in blue floral – This runs a bit large, but I still went with my regular size since it’s meant to drape. It can be worn around your hips as a skirt, or twist the ties up around your neck as a beach dress.
- Amazon straw bag – This is such a cute carryall for summer. It’s lined in cotton so you don’t need to worry as much about the bag losing its shape. I’m not sure it’s totally worth the price given that the quality is what you’d expect for a budget Amazon find, but I love the size and that it fits comfortably over your shoulder.
- H&M twist-detail dress – Don’t sleep on this dress, especially if you have a small chest — it’s beautiful and sexy and just so perfect for summer, especially since there’s enough coverage and support to go sans bra if you’re petite on top. I’m actually planning on wearing it for my birthday later this month! It runs a size small for H&M sizing, so definitely try a size up than what you usually opt for at the brand.
- H&M voluminous balloon-sleeved blouse – I love a breezy long-sleeve blouse in the summer when my skin needs a break from the sun. This is cute tucked into jeans or worn loose with shorts. I went with my typical H&M size.
- H&M linen shorts – These 100% linen shorts are a steal and are generous enough for women with hips.
- H&M double-weave tunic dress – I adore this dress. It’s loose and comfortable for sweltering days, although I’ll wear a half-slip under it when wearing it as a dress instead of a coverup for extra coverage when the light hits it.
- Abercrombie & Fitch high-neck linen-blend mini dress – When did A&F grow up?! This A-line dress is perfection. I’m 5’6″ and it hits an inch or so above the knee. It’s roomy and feels well made. Plus, there are pockets! It runs loose, but not enough to size down.
- Rothy’s slip-on sneaker – I’m a sucker for these slip-on sneakers and added this neutral to my collection for summer. I go up a half-size in Rothy’s sneakers and wear a 7.5 instead of my usual 7.
- Ann Taylor wide cuff swing jacket – I love a swing jacket and just had to have this modern take on a trench coat. I went with my typical medium. The midsection is roomy, but that’s by design. You need to make sure you get the right fit for your shoulders.
- Zara printed short dress – This dress isn’t the best quality, but I decided to keep it because it’s an easy option with a pair of black flats for work. (While we’re still mostly remote, we’ve been going back in-person a bit more often again.)
- East Fork Bowl – This is such a beautiful bowl that you’ll have forever. While it’s called the “Popcorn Bowl” because it fits an entire bag of microwave popcorn, it’s the perfect mid-size bowl for side dishes.
Let’s keep in touch!
Instagram / Facebook / Pinterest / Bloglovin’
Thanks for visiting! As a reminder, I may earn an affiliate commission if you buy an item through my links. This is at no cost to you. I appreciate your continued support!