Things look a little different around here today, huh? I’ve been itching for a simpler blog theme for awhile. It seemed like a good time to switch when my former theme caused a major site hiccup on Sunday. What I didn’t mess with was this sartorial combination: a loose blouse, short shorts, and a pair of flat shoes. It’s essentially the same outfit I wore last week. Some things are better left alone! (In other news, I have my second round of X-rays today. If all goes well, the boot comes off next week. Fingers crossed!)
Top: Banana Republic | Shorts: J.Crew (similar) | Sandals: Steve Madden | Ring: Wanderlust + Co. borrowed from Rocksbox* | Earrings: Kendra Scott borrowed from Rocksbox* | Bag: Rebecca Minkoff c/o Shopbop | Sunglasses: Karen Walker c/o Shopbop
*Get your first Rocksbox set free with code bedknobsandbaublesxoxo
To be honest, I didn’t expect to love this Banana Republic blouse as much as I do, given my penchant for bright colors and patterns, but it’s already one of my favorite pieces of the season–and an example of where I see my closet headed in the coming months. I feel most like myself in outfits with an easy silhouette, a short hemline, a blank canvas for jewelry, and a pair of flat shoes. I could never shirk brights completely, but there’s something to be said for the simplicity of a monochromatic ensemble perked up by large pieces of jewelry. I’m tempted to pick up the blouse in “dark saffron” too. It looks like a pretty transitional color for fall. It’s on sale for $40 through the end of the day, but be sure to size down. I went with a small, which has plenty of room for my not-so-small hips.
Top: Banana Republic (on sale for $40 today) | Shorts: Old Navy | Bag: Rebecca Minkoff c/o Shopbop | Necklace: Lulu Frost (also love this one) | Cuff: c/o Julie Vos (similar) | Ring: c/o Julie Vos (similar) | Sunglasses: Karen Walker c/o Shopbop | Sandals: Birkenstock | Lips: Stila “Fiore”
linking up with Pink Sole
This week, I’m coveting:
- A romper that will transition easily into fall.
- Lace-up flats.
- Lulu Frost’s horn earrings on sale for $53. This jewelry trend isn’t going away anytime soon, so you may as well pick up some of these key pieces when they’re on sale.
- The beloved bag of fashion lovers everywhere. As much as I’d love to pre-order one for the August shipment, I’m talking myself out of it. We’re thisclose to booking a trip instead.
- These summer statement earrings from Kenneth Jay Lane. I highlighted them earlier this year, but now they’re a steal at just $18 on sale.
- This shirred blouse from Banana Republic. It’s currently on promotion for just $40. You can shrug the neckline down to make it into an off-the-shoulder top. I purchased it in black earlier this week. I had a $50 Gap, Inc. Rewards coupon from my credit card and added this pair of shorts to reach the minimum.