Lately, I’m loving flats for their casual elegance, ladylike charm and uncompromising practicality. These four have been in heavy rotation over the last few weeks. Clockwise from top: Forever21, Kate Spade (similar), Ferragamo, Joie
Lately, I’m loving:
- A chance to finally relax. After a year of planning and countless sleepless nights, our annual B2B expo went off without a hitch last Wednesday. Phew!
- The Jennifer Meyer for J.Crew bracelet featured above. I adored the pieces from the collaboration when it was released, but the price point was a bit high. I purchased the bracelet a few weeks ago when there was an additional 40% off the sale price. It’s quite beautiful in person and the cut glass has a glimmering, prism-like quality.
- Learning Spanish on Duolingo. Have you used the app?
Right now, I’m coveting:
- Banana Republic’s mod Mad Men collection, see the preview at shefinds.com
- A mint green straw clutch with a red stone clasp
- A perfect pairing of lemon quartz and citrine at Wendy Mink Jewelry*
- Summer sandals in a saturated hue
- This tee with its new way to wear polka dots
- Geometric prints at home, starting with this John Robshaw pillow
- Philosophy’s exfoliating wash smooths my dry, flaky skin
- A beaded necklace for less than $7
*Wendy Mink Jewelry is offering Bedknobs & Baubles readers 40% off their purchase this weekend! Use coupon code “baubles” today through February 24th to receive the discount. (In addition to the earrings above, I’d recommend this necklace.) The coupon code starts at 2 p.m EST and is good on full price merchandise.
One of my New Year’s resolutions was to be more thoughtful about my clothing and accessory purchases – and to hold myself accountable by reporting back to you. Overall, I’m satisfied with how January went, even though I purchased a lot of items. (Honestly, it was more than I thought it was at the time.) In February, I’d like to make more of an effort to put most of my money toward fewer items that I’ll cherish, instead of a handful of cheaper things.
Kate Spade Lawn Party Straw Purse – $42
This Kate Spade purse was my first sartorial purchase of 2013 and, as with all Gilt sales, it flew in the face of my resolution to make thoughtful purchasing decisions. That said, I’m glad I bought it. I don’t have anything like it in my closet and I’m sure it’ll get a lot of use this spring.
Forever 21 Scarves – $15
I went to Forever21 two days after seeing Fran’s Instagram of their spring scarves. (What can I say? I’m impressionable.) I purchased the mint and pink versions, and I had been wearing them nonstop before the weather became too frigid for anything other than wool.
J.Crew Tile Necklace – $49
This was my most thoughtful purchase of the month, so it should come as no surprise that it’s also my favorite. I featured the tile necklace as the “Bauble of the Week” back in December. I looked at it every few days online, and imagined what I’d wear it with. At that point, I knew I’d be devastated if it sold out. (It’s no longer available on J.Crew, but it is on Net-a-Porter, if you’re interested.)
J.Crew Tippi Sweater – $25
When I ordered the tile necklace, I also purchased this dress. I knew it was a gamble since loose shift dresses are rarely flattering on me, but I just had to try. As expected, it turned out to be a pretty bad look on a girl with hips. I brought it back to J.Crew, but didn’t leave empty-handed. This is now my fifth Tippi sweater. The cut is perfect, it’s an office wardrobe staple, and lavender is becoming my favorite spring color this year.
Not Pictured: Old Navy T-Shirt, Pajama Pants, Dress – $30
I stopped at Old Navy specifically to buy the lobster-print pajama pants, and left with a t-shirt and a striped dress. I have a dozen of these t-shirts and they hold up remarkably well through countless washings. The dress is the only purchase I’m still disappointed with. When I first bought it, I was smitten with how flattering it was … until I wore it for a day. It stretched out quite a bit in the arms and shoulders.
Not Pictured: Banana Republic Skirt, T-Shirt – $55
We’re planning a trip to South Carolina at the end of May and these purchases were made with that trip in mind. A flouncy red-orange skirt (with pockets!) perks up my wardrobe and will look adorable exploring Charleston. I also picked up a white timeless tee. I didn’t already own a basic white tee, and this one is substantial enough that it’s not sheer.
Total Spent: $216
Are you keeping track of your spending this year? How’s it going?