You know how much I love a new dress and the holidays are the perfect excuse to shop for luxe, embellished pieces. Think: sequins, lace, satin, and velvet. I picked up this sequin dress to wear to Dave’s company holiday party in a couple of weeks. (It’s also available here and in plus sizes here and here.) I also love this long sleeve option and this colorful number. Looking for more colorful options? Try this sapphire velvet dress (the ruffle at the bust adds oomph to a small chest) or this playful jacquard option with mixed prints.
I spent much of last weekend cleaning our apartment and freshening things up for spring. Now it’s time to hit refresh on my wardrobe. Spring clothing is great because you can find a lot of really beautiful pieces on a budget. Here are some of my favorites:
- A sweet Kate Spade necklace featuring a cylindrical pendant dotted with crystals.
- A drapey top that goes from the work week to the weekend with ease.
- A pair of small stud earrings by Alexis Bittar.
- Classic espadrilles with a leather upper and ankle ribbons.
- A sunshiny update to sailor stripes. (You’ll also be happy to know that The Outnet now has free shipping. Finally.)
- The cutest floral shorts from J.Crew in a cotton-linen blend.
- A scalloped neckline on this dress from LOFT. (It also comes in mint!)
- A crochet dress that’s just begging to be worn with flat sandals and an oversize bucket bag.
- A raffia clutch with a neon stripe.
- Simple sandals.