And just like that, the holiday season is in full swing! We drove back from my parents’ house yesterday and as much as I wanted to do Black Friday justice when we got home, I didn’t get any holiday shopping done other than a few things for myself: a sculptural watering carafe, four smokey glass cordial glasses, and a flirty black skirt. I’m hoping that I can find a few gifts today during the Small Business Saturday festivities downtown. And then, we’d like to buy our Christmas tree! I can’t wait to cozy in with spiked eggnog and a holiday record as we decorate the tree.
- Tips to create the perfect cheeseboard.
- Combat chapped lips with a gentle exfoliant.
- I’m excited to see the new film adaptation of the Murder on the Orient Express and loved reading this piece on Agatha Christie’s likely inspiration for the book.
- Do we need to let traditional retail die in order to save the industry?
- Small boutiques that have great online shops.
- This handpainted ornament is a gorgeous gift to hand on hand for unexpected holiday gifting. (This keyring is a great alternative for guys.)
- Tips on lighting your Christmas tree. (Although, I’ve never started stringing lights from the bottom. You?)
- The origins and escalation of the holiday shopping season.
- A look at Chanel muses throughout the years.
- Twenty-three ways to use up all of your Thanksgiving leftovers.
Five Under $50:
- Use code THANKU on this cozy sweater.
- Sparkly cluster earrings.
- A faux fur scarf with colorful stripes.
- A modern marble candle holder.
- A sleek envelope clutch.
Sales to Shop:
- Ann Taylor – 50% off everything with code GOPINK
- Anthropologie – 30% off everything
- ASOS – 30% off everything with code EPIC30
- Banana Republic – 50% off all BR merchandise
- Coach – 30% off with code THANKS17
- Cult Gaia – 20% off your purchase with code VERYRARE
- Gap – 50% off everything
- J.Crew – 40% off and free shipping with THANKU
- Kate Spade – 30% off sitewide through Sunday with code GIVEJOY
- Lele Sadoughi – 25% off sitewide
- LOFT – 50% off sitewide
- Lulu and Georgia – 25% off everything
- Madewell – 25% off your purchase with code DONTSTRESS
- Nordstrom – Extra 20% off select sale
- Rejuvenation – Buy more save more with discounts starting at 15% off a purchase of $100
- Tory Burch – 30% off a purchase of $250 or more
- West Elm – Buy more save more with discounts starting at 15% off a purchase of $100
Earlier This Week:
- An easy outfit for “nothing-to-wear” days.
- Luxe gifts under $50. (I can’t tell you how much I love the candle holders! Plus, they’re 15% off with free shipping this weekend!)