We leave for Belgium this Thursday and I’m hopeful that Tory Burch’s signature fragrance brings back fond memories long after we plant our feet back on American soil.(View comments)
Usually my jewelry M.O. is “bigger is better,” but lately I’ve been drawn to delicate pieces like this J.Crew necklace. Nothing embodies a carefree summer quite like layers of sleek strands.(View comments)
Overall, I wasn’t too impressed with the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale lineup this morning (my wallet is thankful), but I did spot a few items I wouldn’t mind adding to my wardrobe:
- Rebecca Taylor lace insert sweatshirt,
- Topshop textured full midi skirt,
- Melinda Maria pod station multistrand necklace,
- Rebecca Minkoff amorous satchel,
- Joie turtleneck,
- Vince split front dress,
- Topshop textured crop top,
- Burberry Brit cotton peacoat,
- Kate Spade pumps,
- Alexis Bittar drop earrings,
- Ted Baker embellished woven tunic dress,
- Kate Spade metallic flare skirt,
I’m having such a ball peeking at your jewelry collections! Please continue to show me your #baubleoftheday on Instagram, so we can make your gorgeous gems a regular feature here!
The baubles above are from the following ladies, listed left to right, starting from the top:
Thanks for sharing your #baubleoftheday!(View comments)
I didn’t have anything planned for today’s post (last-minute Brussels research is dominating my schedule), but I had to share this incredible collaboration between Tory Burch and Fitbit.
The only thing that kept me from buying a Fitbit was that ugly plastic strap. Now that there’s a chic fretwork case to hide the tracker, I’m much more willing to commit. I can’t decide if I’d prefer the bracelet version (it would stack well with the Hermes bracelet I wear daily) or the pretty pendant. Fortunately, either piece will look fabulous long after the Fitbit craze subsides.
Do you have a Fitbit? I’d love to know what you think!(View comments)
LOFT swimsuit (also love this one)View comments)
I hadn’t really paid attention to Erickson Beamon Rocks, the lower priced alternative to Erickson Beamon’s signature collection, but this dazzling bracelet steals the show at just $148. Even if you don’t have a cocktail occasion to wear it now, tuck it away for impromptu evenings out and for holiday seasons to come.(View comments)
There’s just a month and a half left of the spring/summer French Wardrobe Challenge and I’m in desperate need of a clean slate. This season has been especially challenging; I love warm-weather clothes (they’re my favorite to buy and wear) and my style has evolved since last summer. I used to wear shorts almost exclusively. Now I’m all about the ease of a summer dress. It definitely resulted in overindulgence and a bit of overspending. Our upcoming trip to Belgium (just two weeks away!) was a ridiculously convenient excuse for a lot of my purchases. (New clothes are so much better on vacation, right?) I filed most items under the basics category this month. They’re black, white or beige, versatile, and in many instances, easy to pack. I also added my last item to round out this season’s stand-outs: a bold DVF dress that’s unlike anything in my closet.
- Just five standout pieces per season that update your wardrobe. (There are two “seasons” for this purpose: spring/summer and fall/winter.)
- Quality over quantity.
- Basics don’t count.
- Accessories don’t count, unless you’re spending a lot more than usual.
- Socks and underwear don’t count.
- Shoes do count. (I’m not counting shoes, though.)
Part of my five:
- J.Crew Factory botanical-print shorts
- ASOS midi skirt in sheer check
- Diane von Furstenberg “Kimana” dress in a floral stripe
- Rachel Zoe romper
- NEW Diane von Furstenberg “Oblixe” dress: This was a complete impulse purchase last weekend at Saks Off Fifth. I was initially drawn to the mixed prints that reminded me of my childhood Lisa Frank collection, but I was sold when I tried it on. I’ve never felt this sexy in a dress before. For that alone, it earned a spot in my wardrobe. (I’ve only posted it on Instagram so far.)
- J.Crew 5” chino shorts in navy
- J.Crew merino Tippi sweater in heather grey
- J.Crew fit and flare dress in haven blue
- J.Crew lightweight merino v-neck sweater in grey
- Banana Republic “Sloan” pants in turquoise
- Banana Republic trench coat in navy
- Banana Republic eyelet dress in white
- LOFT black dress
- NEW LOFT romper: What’s more versatile than a LBD? A little black romper. The buttons down the front make for an easier bathroom break than the Rachel Zoe romper I bought last month.
- NEW Pim + Larkin slip dress: I wore a lot of shorts over the last two summers and didn’t have very many casual dresses for warm weather. The weird smell subsided after two washes and a half dozen applications of Febreeze. (Side note: the care tag suggests hand washing the garment. I just toss it in a lingerie bag and machine wash on gentle.)
- NEW Old Navy 3.5” shorts in black: I’m not entirely sure I’ll lose enough weight to fit into my old summer shorts before our trip, so I opted for a new pair that fits comfortably. I also spent $10 on them. Worth it.
- NEW J.Crew linen sweater: I skipped over this sweater online dozens of times, but reconsidered after seeing it on the model in a recent catalog. It’s 100% linen, so it’s lightweight and drapes beautifully—a new favorite on cool summer days.
- NEW Kohl’s black dress: Armed with a handful of discounts and coupons, I went to Kohl’s to find something to spend them on. I figured I’d walk away with a new collection of Essie polishes, but was delighted to find this dress instead.
- Lele Sadoughi lotus bib necklace
- Vintage ring from Frippery Vintage
- Coach saffiano leather card case in peach rose
- Double pearl earrings via eBay
- Tory Burch floral scarf
- NEW Lulu Frost necklace: I had been itching for a statement pendant to wear with those loose dresses. I purchased this during the online sample sale. It was my favorite piece from the fall/winter collection and I was elated to finally add it to my jewelry box.
- NEW Julie Vos cuff: This was available for a song during one of Julie Vos’ “Friday Deals” (add yourself to her mailing list for the weekly alert). You know how much I love navy.
- Gap striped flats
- Anthropologie palm-print flats
- Tory Burch “Desi” printed pumps
- J.Crew striped loafers
- NEW Tory Burch “Tallulah” sandals: I splurged on these with a $200 gift card left from the holidays. Christmas in July, indeed.
- Randolph Engineering rose gold aviators
- Gerard Yosca statement necklace
- Emma McKinstry long pendant necklace
- Meghna Designs druzy ring
- Golden Thread arrowhead pendant
- Sammy dress double pearl choker
- Lacee Alexandra ring
- Haydren Reis beach bag
- Suzanne Kalan necklace
- Rivet & Sway sunglasses
- Peter Som for Kohl’s dress
- Candie’s sandals
- Apt. 9 crossbody bag
- Apt. 9 sunglasses
- NEW Gerard Yosca sunburst pendant
- NEW Vrai & Oro ring
If you’re curious about The French Wardrobe Challenge, I encourage you to peruse the archived posts.
Are you taking part in The French Wardrobe Challenge this season? Let me know and I’ll link to your post below. (It probably goes without saying, but I’d love it if you linked back to my posts too.)View comments)
C.Wonder is having a sale on its end-of-season wares. Would you believe this bracelet is only $34? There’s another version with an anchor for even less. I’m also smitten with the darling needlepoint key fob embellished with a sweet crab and anchor motif.
Kate Spade released the 2015 day planners for fellow paper-loving list makers. I like the green ikat most (there’s mint on the inside, for goodness sakes!), but it’s also available in two of last year’s most popular prints: gold polka dots and black and white stripes.View comments)
Is there anything better than lobster-embroidered loafers?! Eating a lobster roll while wearing your new lobster loafers, yes. Other than that, no. My inner New England prep is yearning for a pair of these puppies, but I can’t decide between light blue, gold, navy, or pink. More importantly, do I really need another pair of nautical loafers given that I purchased these earlier this year?
There’s actually quite a bit on sale at Coach right now, including the black satchel I wear all the time. (It even fits my DSLR if I pare down the rest of my daily necessities and just use a slim card case instead of a full wallet.)(View comments)