Why, hello! It’s certainly been awhile since I’ve popped in. Things have been so busy lately that I haven’t carved out much time to blog and share what I’ve been up to. I’ve tinkered with a few house projects, spent a lot of time researching future projects and home purchases, started to edit Portugal photos, and enjoyed time with our friends. We even joined a bocce league with them! And while time to disconnect was nice, I found myself missing this space. So, hi! Realistically, I don’t think I’ll ever commit to posting five days a week again (when was the last time I did that?!), but making time to post three-ish times a week is something I’d love to do. I miss sharing what caught my eye with you! And with that, here are your weekend links:
I can’t get over how much I love Emily Henderson’s mountain house powder room. Those tiles!
The American beauty market has reached “peak mask.”
Who knew that the midi-skirt had a bit of a controversial past?
After years of cooking two burgers at a time on a tailgate grill, we’ve finally splurged on one more fitting of homeowners! Online reviews for that model are good and America’s Test Kitchen agrees, so hopefully it lives it up to its reputation! (It comes in such a pretty blue, but we went with black because it had next-day delivery. I’m way too excited about keeping the oven and stove off this weekend to wait.)
I really hate that flip flops are having a resurgence.
Swedish environmentalists have coined a new term: flygskam, which translates to “flight shame.”
This mango slush sounds like the perfect non-alcoholic way to stay cool when you want something other than a cocktail.
I thought Madison would have had a more consistent heat increase after seeing the temperature stripe graphs for other cities. Let’s hope that we can get back to those cooler bars with sustainable efforts. Look for your city here.
Finds Under $50:
- With an extra 50% off sale items, this macrame bag is a summer must.
- I love this sweater tank.
- I saw these string lights at Target today and I’m thinking about going back for them!
- I’ve mentioned it before, but I love Old Navy’s swing dresses. They’re as comfortable as wearing a t-shirt, but they look more pulled together. They’re on special for $8, so I ordered three more in black to have on hand when my first one wears out or fades.
- Snag this blanket for your summer picnics.
Charting the quatrefoil rug’s journey to ubiquity.
This sounds like a lot of work for a cocktail, but I won’t deny that it sounds like it’s worth it. I love gin, rhubarb, and fennel, so it’s right up my alley!
If you loved the beaded tote in this week’s “The Coveted,” here’s a wallet-friendly alternative that comes in under $100.
Seven things that are surprisingly illegal in parts of Europe. (I’m on board with many of these.)
Jacey’s home is serving as major design inspiration.
My latest Instagram love is Leaf & Paw, a feed dedicated to cat-friendly plants.
Cleaning tips from Airbnb hosts.
Finds Under $50:
- I saw this macrame bag at Target last week and I can’t stop thinking about it. The quality seemed good, too!
- These earrings are bold, but the neutral colors make them wearable.
- Such a great summer sundress.
- These brass coasters will develop a beautiful patina over time.
- I love the handles on this colorful tote.
- I’m ordering this book about the history of color in home decor.
Earlier This Week:
- Coveting a ’70s-inspired color palette.
- The jumpsuit I wore in Portugal, along with 12 others I’m loving for summer.
This jumpsuit was one of my favorite things to wear on our trip to Portugal, especially in Lisbon. It was often breezy being situated right on the River Tagus and I hate wrestling with the hemline of a dress that’s flirting with the wind. Thus, a lightweight jumpsuit on the warmest days. Below, I’ve rounded up 12 of my favorite jumpsuits for the season!