We’re off to Washington today for my brother’s wedding on Saturday. I’ve never been to the state before so when news of my brother’s upcoming nuptials came, we jumped at the chance to extend the trip by a few days on either side of the “I dos” to explore Seattle. As always, if you have any travel recommendations, I’d love to hear ’em! I’ll be sharing snapshots from our adventure on Instagram and will be back here on the blog on Wednesday.
- Things to keep in mind when renovating a historic house.
- Don’t flush your contact lenses.
- These farro bowls with lamb meatballs sound amazing.
- Can we take a moment to admire the amazing heels on these shoes?
- Join Apartment Therapy’s “September Sweep” to banish clutter in your home.
- Saying goodbye to Racked with a roundup of their best stories and essays.
- An interview with Stan Smith himself.
- I’m naturally a morning person, and I know plenty of night owls who aren’t appreciative of my exuberance in the a.m. If you’d like to become more of an early bird, here are some tips.
- Seven trends for fall.
- I’m awfully familiar with the stress-induced cry. Here are tips on how to cope with that teary onslaught and — hopefully — keep the tears at bay.
Finds Under $50:
- This stoneware vase is such a beautiful shape. (I’m sure I’ll be adding it to my next Target order.)
- A pretty sleeveless top that you could definitely wear to work.
- Pair cheeky gingham socks with loafers and cuffed jeans this fall.
- A knit sweater to spend all weekend in.
- A long, cozy cardigan is a must to transition some of your favorite summer dresses to fall weather.
- These resin earrings are stunning, especially in green.
Earlier This Week:
- I’m crazy about the pink and burgundy color combination in this week’s roundup.
- Heading to Portland? I finally shared snapshots and travel recommendations from our trip.
image via Unsplash