I’m excited to introduce you to San Fransisco-based designer Sarah Greenberg and her jewelry line Sarah Swell. Her metalwork is heavily inspired by nature, creating organic shapes in easy-to-wear designs, like these coral fan earrings, fishbone necklace, or weathered diamond rings (my favorite).
Sarah started her line in 2008, after taking a silversmithing class on a whim. “While attending art school and concentrating on painting, I realized that I wanted to make wearable things instead of traditional artwork. I took a metalsmithing class and something just clicked. I spent several years honing my craft by immersing myself in the jewelry industry,” she explains.
“I’m most inspired by nature. I love taking a shape or a texture that I find and transforming it into a piece of jewelry that has a subtle nod to mother nature. I’m also drawn to things that are imperfect or edgy and this is reflected in the matte or black finishes that I often use in my work.”
- Sarah Swell Flotsam & Jetsam Earrings – “A striking, but lightweight earring really pulls and outfit together. This are my current go to pair.”
- Patterson J. Kincaid Summer Dress – “I’ve been searching high and low for a fun Summer maxi dress that is pretty, but not too feminine. This one has a flirty shape and fun bright pattern that almost feels floral, but upon closer inspection is more abstract.”
- Nars Lipstick in Heat Wave – ” I love wearing a bright lip and really no other make-up, it’s looks so fresh. Nars semi-matte lipsticks are the best, and this bright orange-red is next on my must have list.”
- Düller sketchbook – ” I always have a sketchbook with me for when inspiration strikes. I currently have my eye on this minimalistic Düller sketchbook to start fresh for summer.”
- Marais Sandal – “You can never have too many flat sandals! I adore this pair. They’re affordable, fun and look really comfortable.”