I’ve been a little bored with Kate Spade lately, but this layered necklace revived my love for the whimsical brand. The movement of the feathered fringe is a sophisticated take on this season’s flamingo items.
Even though I’m absolutely exhausted the week Daylight Savings Time begins, knowing that warm weather is on the horizon is worth every minute of sleepiness! The majority of this week is forecasted to be in the upper 50s and I can’t wait to wear more spring dresses (sans tights!) like this a-line shift from BB Dakota. It’s such an easy piece to throw on and feel pulled together. (It’s only $88, which makes the blue version awfully tempting.)
Dress: BB Dakota (runs large, read my review notes here)
Shoes: Kate Spade (old, similar)
Purse: Rebecca Minkoff c/o Shopbop
Bracelet: c/o Julie Vos
Ring: Lulu Frost
Sunglasses: Dolce & Gabbana c/o SmartBuyGlasses
Nails: Clinique “Hi Sweetie”
Lips: Clinique “Peony”
This week, I’m smitten with:
- A striped spring coat. There’s also this one for those looking for a dressier–and slightly cheaper–alternative. It’s very Kate Spade, no?
- This is as close as I’ll get to wearing sneakers with casual clothes.
- I know this clutch has already made the rounds, but it’s worth posting on the off chance you haven’t seen it. One side says “oui” and the other says “non.” Perfect for those indecisive days.
- It’s time to take an extra 40-50% off sale items at J.Crew! I’m not much for heels, but I really like these. And they’re still available in a 7!
- Has anyone come across a more affordable version of this swimsuit? Preferably a one-piece.
- A welcome desk accessory upgrade. I’m still using a clear plastic card holder that was under $5 from Staples.
- Can you believe this backpack is $40 from Target?! The design is perfection. I’m not normally one to encourage faux-leather, but something as trendy as this isn’t worth an investment.
- Soon (I hope!) it’ll be time for shorts and breezy tops. The detail on this one keeps it from being just another basic tee.
I get it, toucan sandals aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I loved these when Kate Spade debuted them last summer. I stalked the heck out of them, hoping they’d hit the sale section before warm weather was just a distant memory. No luck. They weren’t discounted until fall, when sandals weren’t exactly the most practical purchase. Even then, the price wasn’t that great and I wrote them off as yet another sartorial white whale. I certainly didn’t expect to find them on Amazon this week for just $70. Most of the sizes are still available in limited stock, aside from the size 7, which Dave purchased for me as my Valentine’s gift. (We’re not much for surprises. And, before you think I’m a bad girlfriend, I treated him to a sour and barrel-aged beer tasting on Sunday.)