A few weeks ago, Walmart reported a surge in the sale of tops, but not of bottoms, citing COVID-19 as the likely reason. It’s not surprising given that office workers across the country are participating in virtual meetings, leaving behind the need to wear an entire office-appropriate ensemble. Personally, while I’ve tried to at least wear jeans with a blouse during business e-meetings, there have been a few times that I’ve kept my yoga pants on, affectionately calling them my “pandemic pants.” Something I have consistently worn for those virtual face-to-face meetings has been a pair of statement earrings. Earrings effortlessly pull together your half-outfit and flatter your face during those on-screen appearances. Below, I’ve rounded up ten pairs that have caught my eye during the pandemic and I’ll vouch for the Jenny Bird hoops that I recently purchased. The organic, slightly irregular shape make them much more interesting than just your standard hoops.
I spend an obscene amount of time each week browsing the new arrivals sections of my favorite retailers, especially at this time of year when the promise of spring is right around the corner. It’s just that I don’t actually want to add spring clothing to my wardrobe when there’s still a blanket of snow on the ground. Earrings, though? Those I can do. Here are nine pairs that are the object of my sartorial affection:
It’s no secret that oversize earrings are my favorite trend this season, especially when it comes to tassels — and it seems I’m not the only one craving tassel earrings this spring. I wore the pair above in New Orleans last month and received countless compliments on them. I’m not surprised, though. Who can resist the playful swish of shoulder-dusting fringe?! No one. 😉
Below, you’ll find 10 of my favorite tassel earrings for less than $100. (Most are well below that price point, though!)
- The fringe on these drip-dye tassels is unique with a white-to-navy ombre effect.
- Can’t decide between hoops or tassels? These are for you.
- I featured these in my jewelry roundup last week, and I haven’t stopped thinking about them since. I’m torn between the royal blue and turquoise.
- These full silk tassels come in navy and coral.
- Kate Spade knocked it out of the park this season with these pompom tassel earrings that come in a rainbow of colors. The yellow pair is my favorite.
- These $15 silk stunners are long enough to graze your shoulders. They come in green and turquoise.
- How cute is this pair of clustered tassel earrings? The petite size is perfect if you don’t want to go overboard with the fringe.
- These neutral color-blocked beaded tassels will go with all of your summer LBDs and LWDs.
- These beauties come in eight colors to choose from.
- All about color this year? Try these.