As I mentioned last week, I’m completely smitten with Gerard Yosca’s latest collection, Mesa. Even though the collection is on trend with its Native American influences and muted southwest color palette, the pieces are remarkably versatile, which is precisely what I look for when I choose a new piece of jewelry to add to my collection. I love conversation pieces that mix seamlessly into my wardrobe and can be worn with multiple outfits. Over the next two weeks, Cara and I will be sharing how we wear our favorite Gerard pieces. See her first look with this gorgeous pendant here. If you also have a piece of jewelry from one of his collections, be sure to tag it #WaysToYosca on Instagram to share how you wear–and love–your Gerard Yosca jewelry!
Dress: MICHAEL Michael Kors (in black here and here)
Bag: Tory Burch (also love this one)
Sandals: Sam Edelman
Rings: Lulu Frost, c/o Vrai & Oro
Necklace: c/o Gerard Yosca
Earrings: c/o Gerard Yosca (browse the selection of earrings here)
Nails: Essie “In the Cab-ana”
We’re back from our Memorial Day road trip to Cincinnati! Neither one of us had been to Ohio before, which made the six and a half hour trip to the city a no brainer for the long weekend. We spent most of our time exploring neighborhoods, stopping in boutiques, and trying bars and restaurants. I’ll share a recap of our most notable stops next week. Until then, I wanted to highlight this dress. It was undoubtedly my favorite piece on the trip thanks to its easy silhouette. I came around to the slight high-low hem after realizing that it gave me just the right amount of extra coverage when I sat down! For a peek at the other items I packed, visit Julie Leah’s blog here.
We’re leaving tomorrow for a Memorial Day weekend road trip to Cincinnati! I’ve never been to Ohio, so I’m eager to check another state off my list. We’ve found dozens of bars to visit and restaurants to try. (Although, I’m not too sure about the area’s beloved Cincinnati chili.) We’ll play the rest by ear and see what we stumble across. As always, keep in touch on Instagram and Snapchat (bedknobsandbaubles). See you on Tuesday!
Before I delve into the items that caught my eye this week, there’s a huge event worth mentioning: Nordstrom’s Half-Yearly Sale. It’s your chance to snag spring and summer merchandise at up to 40% off. Some of my favorites include a black trapeze dress, a work-appropriate satchel, a “Nudist” sandal knockoff (or get the real version in navy on sale here), and simple leather sandals by Tory Burch (metallics available here). Now that that’s squared away, here’s what caught my eye this week:
- A zigzag eyelet shell in navy. Aside from this top, I’m disappointed in J.Crew’s new arrivals this month. Who’s going to pay $110 for an ugly yarn and seed bead choker? The product description says, “So if someone asks if you made it yourself, you have our permission to say yes.” I wouldn’t take credit for it and evidently J.Crew doesn’t want to either. And then there’s this. What the hell? And these! Because plastic in the summer is always a good idea.
- Ben-Amun statement earrings. In fact, there are many gorgeous new arrivals from the designer on The Outnet right now. Most earrings are under $100.
- A sweet little notebook. I’d like to start bringing a journal on vacations to record daily activities and observations. I usually assume Facebook is good enough, but I’m forgetful and a notebook is much more romantic.
- Culottes! They’re so ridiculous, but I still want a pair. White would look pretty with that J.Crew shell… 😉 Shop a selection of white culottes and other white pants here.
- A navy bucket bag. Navy is by far my favorite color, but I have yet to add a bag in the hue to my collection. I’m also obsessed with this bag. I saw it at the Tory Burch boutique last month and haven’t stopped thinking about it.
- Iridescent slides on sale! I also love these and the iridescent version of the heels I wore to a wedding last month.