Who else is planning to eat like a bird this weekend to offset any damage by pigging out on Thanksgiving? 😉 Seriously, though, can you believe that next week is already Thanksgiving and the official start of the holiday season? I’ve been listening to Christmas music and starting to pull out some decorations, but it still feels a little early despite how excited I am. As far as this weekend is concerned, we have some house projects to work on (as always), we’re going to tailgate for the Badger football game tomorrow morning, and we’re having friends over on Sunday. I got an early start on the house projects on Friday afternoon when I swapped out the ugly beige outlets in our bathroom for one white ones. However, I didn’t realize that the correct breaker wasn’t turned off to one of the outlets. That was a bit of a shock, quite literally! Here’s hoping the rest of the weekend isn’t as electric!
- I absolutely adore Gordon Ramsay. When this video popped up on my Facebook feed this morning, I was giggling so loudly that I woke Dave up. In it, Gordon stands back-to-back with an amateur cook and walks him through the process of making crab cakes.
- Jay Z had a rap battle with Busta Rhymes in high school.
- Six things to know before getting your brows microbladed.
- I’m loving this bag from a new-to-me brand.
- The most iconic costumes from Downton Abbey will be on exhibit.
- I came across this place card idea on Pinterest. It would be so easy to pull off for your Thanksgiving table next week. Order these wood slices with Amazon Prime, write each person’s name on one, and you’re done.
- Don’t limit your Thanksgiving leftovers to just sandwiches! Try one of four impressive-looking recipes instead.
- A peek at Van Cleef & Arpels’ jaw-dropping, Noah’s Ark-inspired installation.
- Get a start on your 2018 travel plans with inspiration from the world’s most colorful cities.
- Men are now more likely than women to “marry up.”
Five Holiday Gifts Under $100
- Pineapple bookends for the glam bookworm.
- Inexpensive yet chic kitchen towels for the cook.
- A luxe candle set for the homebody.
- A sweet little doll for the girl on your list.
- A macramé plant hanger for the green thumb.
Five under $50:
- With 40% off your purchase and an extra 10% off on top of that, this merino turtleneck is a great basic to have on hand for winter to wear on its own or layered.
- No one would blame you if you bought this beauty set for the packaging alone.
- A cozy sweater dress with bell sleeves.
- I bought a set of these appetizer plates for Christmas. Aren’t they the cutest?
- An oversize sweater embellished with faux pearl beads.
Earlier This Week:
- Coveting red, white, and blue for winter. (And I just bought the hiking boots — they’re fantastic!)
- Five ways to stay sane this holiday season.
- Sharing two recipes from the author of the new cookbook, Pantry and Palate.