- Ninja cats.
- I just love the unique shape of this satin special occasion bag. It’s like a present for all of your essentials.
- Ugh, this is not a good PR moment for Zara.
- Have you ever wondered why you don’t purchase vanilla extract in the liquor store considering it’s alcohol?
- Part of the reason I haven’t been shopping very much lately (or at least keeping what I’ve ordered) is because I’ve set the bar pretty high for things to purchase. If I’m on the fence about it, it goes back. If it needs more than just a simple alteration (or Spanx), it goes back. If I’m not having a “Holy sh*t! This is even better in person/on me!” moment, it goes back. I don’t want to have a wardrobe of things that I talked myself into. One of those “OMG, I love it!” moments happened when I tried on this coat. It doesn’t look like much online, but it’s so cute in person, and the fit is incredibly flattering especially if you have full hips. When you have the hood up, there’s a little tab to button to keep the chill out. Ah! I’m just over the moon with it! (I went with grey and my regular size 8 for J.Crew coats. I’m typically a small in their sweaters and a size 10 in pants, so the swing shape is appreciated.)
- Within two seconds of meeting you, this is what people are judging you on. (It’s not your clothes.)
- Target is getting a Sephora-esque makeover! (Let’s just hope no one sues for a herpes outbreak like this woman. Use those testers at your own risk!)
- Lele Sadoughi’s newest earrings are gorgeous!
- Thank you, Emily, for making me feel like our wood paneling is on point. (Learn how to paint wood paneling here!)
- Raspberries are unexpected addition to your Thanksgiving meal.
Five Under $50:
- A dark floral shirt dress.
- If you’re not much of a dress girl, how about a velvet jumpsuit for the holidays?
- Add some prep to your ponytail with these velvet bows. Go with the”golden brandy” color to keep it from looking juvenile.
- “Fiction” is the perfect fall nail color.
- A polka dot wrap dress in emerald green.
Earlier This Week:
- The one thing I purchased last month.
- Coveting pieces to kick off the holiday season.
- What we were up to in October. (Plus, a snapshot of Dave’s Halloween costume. You can see mine on Instagram.)
- I had the opportunity to stop by the Google Home Mini pop-up donut shop and take home one of the gadgets (c/o). It’s the size of a donut and basically takes care of many of the tasks Siri would. My favorite feature is having it read recipes. It’ll dictate each step and wait for you to finish working on that one before continuing. It’s easier than checking your phone with food-covered fingers throughout your meal prep!
image via Collage Vintage