- Quality over quantity.
- Basics don’t count.
- Accessories don’t count, unless you’re spending a lot more than usual.
- Socks and underwear don’t count.
- Shoes do count.*
*I’m not counting shoes. I don’t buy an excessive amount of them to begin with.
The bold items are the new additions since the previous post.
- Part of my Five: Erin Fetherston lipstick-print dress, Anthropologie cat-print dress, J.Crew Factory tartan-print sweater, Express navy metallic cocktail dress
- Basics: Banana Republic black pants, Forever 21 white dress, T by Alexander Wang black skirt (still available in grey and navy), J.Crew Factory polka dot popover shirt (similar), J.Crew sweatshirt, Banana Republic navy pants
- Bags: Diane von Furstenberg clutch, Samudra clutch
- Accessories: Jennifer Meyer for J.Crew bracelet, Kate Spade belt, opal ring at an antique store in Alexandria, Forever 21 ring, Lulu Frost bangle, J.Crew Factory necklace, Kate Spade bangle, Melanie Auld ring, Karen Hsiang ring, Tory Burch necklace
- Shoes: Joie tartan flats, Forever 21 d’orsay flats
- Purged: all of my pencil skirts, 1 dress, 4 pairs of shoes, 1 necklace, 1 bracelet, 2 pairs of earrings, 2 rings
- There’s only a month and a half left and I have one more fun purchase to make for “my five.” I didn’t really succeed at buying quality items for those (aside from the Erin Fetherston dress), but I’m pretty fond of what I did purchase. I’ve got my eye on a printed DVF or Clover Canyon piece for my last item.
- I’d like to be more thoughtful about my spring/summer purchases. Some of the items I know I’d like are silky shorts and blouses, a new pair of wear-with-anything sandals and a white sundress (obsessed with this one from BR’s spring 2014 collection). It looks like our Europe trip is most doable in July, so I’d also like a few easy, mixable essentials for traveling.
- I’m going to start a Pinterest board for the spring challenge to visually record what I purchase. A written list is great, but I think I need the visual reminder to keep tabs on my purchases.
- As you may have noticed, I have added a few additional pieces (gifts and sponsored items) that aren’t reported here. I’m going to start listing those with my spring French Wardrobe roundups. That’ll kick off on March 1. Anyone want to join in?
Are you curating the French Wardrobe? Post your progress and let me know. I’ll share a link to your post here.