Happy Easter weekend! We’re keeping things low key around here, mostly because it’s going to be chilly and windy, which doesn’t offer much motivation to leave the house! While we’re hunkering down at home, I’d like to install the ceiling fan we purchased for our bedroom and the light fixture we bought for the office. Swapping out light fixtures makes the rooms feel more finished, even if they’re not to that point just yet.
In other news, how cute are the red hoop earrings pictured above? Callixto sent them over last week and I can’t wait to pair them with nautical stripes and my favorite pink dress this spring!
- There’s still time to dye Easter eggs this weekend! I love how these eggs turned out with plant-based dyes.
- Instagram is making tweaks to the algorithm to [hopefully] show you more timely content.
- These eyelet bow-topped flats are perfect to wear to work this spring. I’m really tempted to pull the trigger!
- If you need a reason to visit D.C., look no further than the Renwick Gallery’s new exhibition “No Spectators: The Art of Burning Man.”
- Exploring why your favorite TV characters with less-than-lavish lifestyles have such expensive wardrobes.
- Five stores that will match Costco’s prices.
- More photos of Target’s upcoming Opalhouse line. I need to get my hands on those rattan chairs for our enclosed front porch, even if that renovation is a long ways off. (Although, I’m willing to bet that this rattan beauty is better quality than the Target ones will be!)
- Add personality to boring white napkins with this dip-dye DIY.
- Roasted fennel yogurt dip looks amazing.
Finds Under $50:
- These earrings are on sale for a limited time. I love them in white.
- I know this is such a dorky thing to be excited about, but I just purchased two of these laundry hampers and they look so good inside the closet.
- Add a splash of color to your wardrobe with this red mini dress.
- Take 50% off this color-blocked straw tote with code YESPLEASE to bring the price down to $34. It’ll be perfect for your trips to the farmers’ market.
- If you were interested in Old Navy’s gingham bow sandals, get ’em now. The last size run sold out within a week. They’re also available in black, coral, or blush suede-like material.
- These colorful earrings are fun for summer!
Earlier This Week:
- The pieces I added to my wardrobe this month.
- This week’s “The Coveted” is all about gingham.
- March’s mini moments.
- I’m eager to install this light fixture over the weekend. (Find it online here. I only paid $29, so keep an eye on it.)