After purchasing our living room sconces back in June, we finally finished installing them last weekend. I’m not sure why it took us so long to get around to it (::cough:: laziness ::cough::), but at least it’s done now! It really pulls the living room together, so now we can shift our attention to finding a larger rug (preferably vintage), styling the space, and adding some much-needed color. Honestly, I’m always impressed with (and probably a little jealous of) bloggers who seem to pull together rooms in a matter of weeks, but man, house things are expensive and you really need to love what you buy for your space. Plus, I want our house to look like it’s been collected over time — even if the only vintage pieces in this vignette are a couple of candlesticks and that cute silver-plated vessel for cocktail picks that we bought in London.
Sources: bar cabinet | brass planters | lamp | mirror | decanters (here and here) | tray | sconces and shades | entry table (I’m planning to swap out the drawer pulls) | table-top planter | entry rug | thermostat (we’ve really liked this one)
- A couple of gorgeous clutches serve as eye candy: this one that looks like jewelry and this one that’s made from hundreds of colorful seed beads.
- It’ll be the first Valentine’s Day without Sweethearts in 153 years.
- A gemologist found an insect entombed in opal rather than amber.
- Insight into why e-commerce sales of counterfeit goods is so hard to stop.
- Why every luxury brand’s label looks the same.
- Tips to become a better online shopper.
- In defense of wearing obnoxious outerwear.
- I love these wear-with-everything slingback flats for spring.
- Can we really change our habits with 30-day challenges?
- This guide makes me want to go back to New Orleans.
Finds Under $50:
- Get the look of casually tying your hair with a scarf, but with a scrunchie that’ll actually stay put.
- A linen-blend top with flutter sleeves.
- Dress up your bar cart with wood-topped decanters.
- This dress is right up my alley.
- Lucite earrings aren’t going anywhere yet.
What You May Have Missed: