As much as I appreciate the boost of confidence from a pair of heels, I’m a flats girl through and through. I love the versatility of flats, the mobility of flats, and the Audrey Hepburn je ne sais quoi of flats. I think we can all agree that this pair from Sam Edelman has that ladylike-meets-irreverent vibe down.
I purchased them after my love affair with the Tory Burch wedges fizzled and, like all tales starring a pair of shoes, there was a happy ending. The Sam Edelman flats are true to size and the nude-colored ankle strap doesn’t visually cut me off like the black strap did on the Tory pair. Now I just “need” these bow-topped mint flats and a palm-printed pair to make my spring shoe wardrobe complete.
Obviously I didn’t leave the house much in January, thanks to the biting cold of the polar vortex. At this point, I think we all deserve an early spring! Here’s hoping the groundhog doesn’t see his shadow in a couple of days.
In January, I…
- Wore this Chloe + Isabel arrow necklace (enter to win one here)
- Dreamed of a tropical escape
- Purchased my first bouquet of tulips of the season
- Won a lovely polka dot clutch from Kayu that I can’t wait to wear with these Julie Vos earrings
- Spent a lazy morning in bed with the cat
- Found a pretty cocktail dress at Express of all places
- Layered two of my favorite everyday rings from Karen Hsiang and Cynthia Jones
- Braved the polar vortex in a pair of bright wellies from Joules
- Opted for a summery mani and pedi
I had fantasized about these shoes since I first saw them on the Tory Burch website and had a laundry list of items I could wear them with: that elusive white summer dress, white shorts and a blouse, black cigarette pants and a cozy cashmere sweater…
So, you can imagine how disappointed I am to send them back to Shopbop. I purchased my normal size 7 after reading numerous “true to size” fit recommendations only to find that they’re huge. (I kept checking the box to make sure that they sent the right pair.) I wrestled with ordering them again in a 6 and a 6.5 to see if either of those would work, but if I’m being honest, they’re not worth $300. I’ll give it another shot if they go on sale for 40% off (maybe I’ll even go for the striped pair). Until then, I ordered these. Apparently I’m just itching for a pointed toe and an ankle strap.