Today’s packing list for Versailles comes from Aimee of Little Luxury List:
We may not all know what it would be like to live like royalty. But if you are in Versailles, you can definitely get a taste of the good life. Versailles is known for its Château de Versailles and is a former seat of French power.
But that’s not why my husband and I love it. We fell in love with with the tree-lined streets particularly in the morning when the dew dropped heavily from lush leaves. We also enjoyed meandering through the grounds of the great Château de Versailles keeping mental tabs on areas that would have been perfect for picnicking (if you don’t mind the occasional goat!). We were awed on a daily basis not only by the beautiful greenery, but the stately architecture throughout the town—imagine classic moldings, tall chandeliers, and beautifully embellished exteriors as well as interiors. I would visit again in a heartbeat with baby in tow and my style would reflect Versailles’ understated elegance.
- A perfect layering t-shirt keeps me cool and comfortable.
- Fitted pants allow me to walk around for hours and rest on the occasional patch of grass.
- Classic, but whimsical studs are fun and wearable.
- A scarf is an great layering piece for cooler mornings and evenings. It also doubles well for covering a little one!
- Flats are essential footwear for walking around the cobblestone streets