I may not be ready to wear fall clothing just yet, but I am eager to plan next season’s purchases. I mentioned that I was trying to stay away from impulsive purchases, but this shirtdress stole my heart. I love a loose silhouette for long days at the office and the tie neck detail is just the right amount of the ’70s trend. I’m also on the lookout for a pair of ankle boots and flared jeans (although, I’m almost positive I have a pair identical to these somewhere in my closet). Here’s what else I have my eye on:
- A classic shift dress, updated with tie detailing at the sleeves.
- Red nail polish for a classic manicure.
- A mini bag for just the essentials.
- A curious fox peeking above the brim of this knit hat.
- A wool peacoat. Dave gave me one for Christmas last year and I wore it the rest of the winter.
- A fuzzy buffalo plaid mini. I don’t know what it is about this skirt, but I think it’s utterly charming. Pair it with a slim knit top and sneakers for a grownup take on a school uniform.
- Floral embellishments on a pair of d’Orsay heels. Wouldn’t they look great with a LBD and an olive green anorak?