Let’s just start by admitting that June wasn’t nearly as fun as May. My broken foot left me a little too gun shy to use crutches at the beginning and even when I was finally feeling more confident, I didn’t want to scoot around too much. It was exhausting! Here’s what I did manage to do:
- Whine about my broken foot. Here’s what I learned during the experience.
- Enjoyed beer and frites at my favorite restaurant in Madison.
- Introduced Bacon to our new rug. Let’s just hope he doesn’t use it as an expensive scratching pad. (Truth be told, I hated this rug online, but fell in love with it in the store. The colors are much prettier in person.)
- Enjoyed time at the pool, even if I didn’t go in. Instead, I sunned myself and made it through Girl on the Train. It’s similar to Gone Girl with an unreliable narrator, but not as good.
- Bought a new Tory Burch dress because I can’t resist a good sale or a dress with pockets. It’s still available in different sizes at varying price points at Tory Burch, Bloomingdale’s, and Saks.
- Received this gorgeous necklace as a birthday gift from Dave.
- Ordered new sunglasses that I’ve been wearing nonstop.
- Picked up Sunday donuts at Madison’s best bakery.
- Finally wore my favorite bathing suit. It’s from LOFT last year, but I’m also loving this flattering striped suit and the batik stripes on this one. This year’s version of my LOFT swimsuit comes in an array of solid colors.