Hello! We arrived back in the United States on Monday and spent the night in Chicago before heading to Madison early Tuesday morning. The trip was wonderful (despite being sick for the first three days of it) and I have so many photos to share, along with what we did, what I’d recommend, and tips for traveling to London. (Side note: the Paravel backpack I purchased late last year was the best travel bag. I’m planning to do a full review now that I’ve actually taken it on a trip.) As expected, this week was all about getting settled, unpacked, and back into the groove at work. And, unexpectedly, shoveling out from a mid-April snowstorm. After getting a taste of spring in the U.K., I’m even more anxious for warmer weather to finally arrive!
- In response to the incident in Philadelphia, Starbucks is closing 8,000 stores on May 29 for anti-racism training. I urge you to take Harvard’s implicit bias tests for an eye-opening look at your own subconscious beliefs. You might be embarrassed about the results, but it’s a valuable way to make you aware of your own biases so you can work to change your knee-jerk response to situations.
- A peek into the history of Hanky Panky, which has been making colorful underpinnings in the U.S.A. since 1977.
- This is the woven handbag I want for spring.
- An interesting opinion piece on why it’s perfectly fine that everyone is insecure.
- I think I need an indoor citrus tree.
- A list of the most Instagrammable spots in New York City.
- This cucumber salad looks like the perfect warm-weather side dish.
- I pre-ordered Orlando’s book and it finally arrived this week. I’m only partway through, but it’s hilarious! I’ve read so many sections aloud to Dave, to the point where he’s getting a little annoyed with me.
- Why a cashmere sweater can cost anywhere from $30 to $2,000.
- Take a look back at some of the Met Gala’s most incredible interiors.
Finds Under $50:
- A pretty pair of pineapple earrings. (If pineapples aren’t your thing, how about watermelon slices?)
- Bon voyage.
- I’m loving the preppy navy and red stripes on this cami.
- A contemporary print adds modern appeal to this pretty sundress.
- I can vouch that this cream is amazing for your bikini line.
- Lucite is such a big trend for spring. These earrings are a great way to try the trend on a budget. (I snagged a long Lucite tassel necklace in London that I’m excited to debut.)
- This striped tank top is adorable with the ruffled edge and bow detailing on the back.
Earlier This Week:
- Not much, admittedly, but you can peek at a few London snapshots here.