I’m just as enamored with Aubin & Wills’ dapper fox as I am with the mittens I purchased late last year.
I’ve been knee-deep in holiday cheer ever since we visited the National Zoo this week and spotted the staff putting up decorations. Judging by my “most coveted” list above, that’s not going to change anytime soon (especially since I’m snacking on peppermint bark and burning a pine-scented candle). Let’s just hope that I can keep the Christmas decor packed away until after Thanksgiving.
And the winner is… Congratulations to Jennifer R. for winning the $100 gift card to Shopbop. I’ll be in touch with you soon! Thanks again to everyone for entering and don’t forget to enter to win a pair of slippers from Daniel Green!
Indulged in a magenta bag. Dressed up as a sleepy Holly Golightly. Layered on baubles. Found a brilliant pea coat at Ann Taylor LOFT. Sipped an afternoon beer. Cheered for the Badgers. Baked Halloween cupcakes. Looked forward to Christmas with a new ornament. Adored bouquets from Dave.
Sampled an array of pumpkin microbrews. Lingered over lunch. Added vintage gems to my collection. Admired fall color. Enjoyed fall’s simple pleasures. Relished wearing pink. Relied on the classics. Tucked lipstick into a foxy bag. Donned a new ring courtesy of Gorjana.
Follow me on Instagram @bedknobsandbaubles.
Reminder! Enter to win $100 to Shopbop!
As an event planner for a local business magazine, I don’t often have time to prep right before an after-work gathering. (In fact, I’ve become accustomed to changing clothes in the confines of a small bathroom stall!) Keeping my makeup and hair looking picture-perfect throughout the day takes some effort in the morning, but it’s worth getting up early. Here are a few beauty essentials I rely on:
- Pretty Cosmetic Case – It’s a chic way to tote mascara and lipstick to the ladies room minutes before the guests arrive.
- Velcro Rollers – Curling my hair and setting it in Velcro rollers helps retain body throughout the day. (Visit Elle’s blog for a great tutorial.)
- Concealer – A little extra concealer keeps me looking bright eyed even if I’m running ragged!
- Dry Shampoo – I have fine hair that lies flat and listless by the time 5 o’clock rolls around, but this dry shampoo gives it extra oomph.
- Eye Shadow Primer – Creased eye shadow tops my list of beauty annoyances. I’ve found that this primer eliminates them completely.
- Travel-Size Fragrance – Just a little spritz puts you in the party spirit.
- Bright Lipstick – Even if the rest of your makeup fades, lipstick in a punchy color transforms your look.
- Foundation Primer – I’m a recent primer advocate. It really does keep your makeup smooth and fresh longer than going without.