Even though there was a shipping delay on my birthday gift this year, it was worth the wait. Dave surprised me with this Lee Renee pineapple pendant. I first fell in love with the piece with I interviewed the designer back in February of last year and had no idea I’d be spoiled with it months afterward. Isn’t it just the cutest thing? It’s tiny, as you can see in the stock images, but the attention to detail is wonderful and it has a nice weight to it. The solid silver piece is handmade in London with an 18k gold plate.
If it wasn’t already obvious by the Tory Burch tote (seen here) I’ve been using nonstop or the chambray dress I just purchased, I’m all about the ease of earthy colors and relaxed silhouettes this season. So, it’s probably comes as no surprise that Gerard Yosca’s latest jewelry collection, Mesa, captured my heart. The collection’s statement pendants and earrings are inspired by iconic American designs and a muted southwest color palette. It’s a trend that saturated the fall runways, giving you the perfect excuse to splurge on a piece now and wear it throughout this season and the next. Over the next two weeks, my new blog buddy, Cara, and I will be sharing how we wear and love Gerard’s latest collection.
Before I delve into the items that caught my eye this week, there’s a huge event worth mentioning: Nordstrom’s Half-Yearly Sale. It’s your chance to snag spring and summer merchandise at up to 40% off. Some of my favorites include a black trapeze dress, a work-appropriate satchel, a “Nudist” sandal knockoff (or get the real version in navy on sale here), and simple leather sandals by Tory Burch (metallics available here). Now that that’s squared away, here’s what caught my eye this week:
- A zigzag eyelet shell in navy. Aside from this top, I’m disappointed in J.Crew’s new arrivals this month. Who’s going to pay $110 for an ugly yarn and seed bead choker? The product description says, “So if someone asks if you made it yourself, you have our permission to say yes.” I wouldn’t take credit for it and evidently J.Crew doesn’t want to either. And then there’s this. What the hell? And these! Because plastic in the summer is always a good idea.
- Ben-Amun statement earrings. In fact, there are many gorgeous new arrivals from the designer on The Outnet right now. Most earrings are under $100.
- A sweet little notebook. I’d like to start bringing a journal on vacations to record daily activities and observations. I usually assume Facebook is good enough, but I’m forgetful and a notebook is much more romantic.
- Culottes! They’re so ridiculous, but I still want a pair. White would look pretty with that J.Crew shell… 😉 Shop a selection of white culottes and other white pants here.
- A navy bucket bag. Navy is by far my favorite color, but I have yet to add a bag in the hue to my collection. I’m also obsessed with this bag. I saw it at the Tory Burch boutique last month and haven’t stopped thinking about it.
- Iridescent slides on sale! I also love these and the iridescent version of the heels I wore to a wedding last month.
If there’s one jewelry brand that will make you want to slip on your fanciest heels and head out for cocktails, it’s Three Jane NY. The brand was developed by designer and former publicist Katie Schloss who specializes in whimsical designs (bottle opener bracelet, anyone?), Art Deco styles, and saturated color.
Every time Gerard Yosca releases a new collection, I proclaim that it’s my favorite one yet–and Flowerball is no exception. As I mentioned last week, it’s a retro-meets-modern take on spring florals that’s absolutely perfect for this year’s ’70s trend. And, now that spring is finally here to stay, we’re celebrating with a giveaway! One very lucky reader will win a pair of Daisy Post Earrings (see them here) and a Flowerball Pendant. The prize is valued at $252. Good luck!
This giveaway is open to readers with a U.S. mailing address.