I hope your weekend is off to a great start! We don’t have a lot on the agenda this weekend other than getting a jump on some house and yard projects in preparation for warmer weather, and bike shopping! I’ve been using Dave’s sister’s old bike from the ’90s and it’s not the best. It definitely needs maintenance work, but as one of my friends who is an avid cyclist pointed out, bicycle technology has improved dramatically since then and it might be time to invest in a new one. So, he’s roped into helping me look for a bike that I’ll actually use — with the added challenge of finding it in white or aqua because prettiness matters, too. I’m having a bit of sticker shock, though, and I’m hopeful I can keep it to $500-700, which might be unrealistic. Wish me luck!
- A study suggests that it’s harder to be skinny today than it was in the ’80s, even with the same calorie intake and exercise.
- Five fashion films you might not have seen before.
- Who needs jewelry with this bag on your wrist?
- Have you been watching the newest Project Runway season? I was skeptical about the show without Heidi and Tim, but I’m actually really into the reboot. I miss Zac Posen’s eye for construction, though.
- I’m adding this to next week’s menu.
- The science behind why we love to watch old episodes of our favorite shows.
- Does your style need a palate cleanser?
- America blew it on arugula.
- Seven classic short stories to add to your reading list.
- I can’t stop thinking about these wear-with-everything pearl earrings for summer.
Finds Under $50:
- One of my favorite planters has been restocked. I have it in white and just ordered a duplicate for a new plant.
- Such a great beach tote.
- Snag these earrings before they sell out.
- If your budget doesn’t allow for the Loeffler Randall twist-knot mules, try these.
- I’m a sucker for a simple summer dress.
Earlier This Week:
image via Unsplash