Happy Friday! After touring a home last Saturday that left us both underwhelmed, we headed north to Dave’s parents’ cabin for an overnight stay. Even though it was brief, sipping beer on the dock and chatting by the late-night fire was the perfect mini getaway to start the week refreshed. It was also the maiden voyage of the Soludos slides above. They’re ridiculously comfortable so long as you don’t mind going without arch support.
This weekend also promises to be laid back. If the rain holds off, I’d like to go to the farmers’ market on Saturday and then we have two homes to see this weekend. Each of the houses have their pros and cons. One is a two-story home built in 1920 with a ton of original character and charm (and the smallest galley-style kitchen ever and no air conditioning). It’s $65,000 less than the other contender: a 1956 ranch that has been updated with a much larger and functional kitchen, a finished basement, larger bedrooms, and the cutest vintage bathroom with original tile and a turquoise tub. They’re both in good neighborhoods and close to the bike trail. I’m hoping that we’re drawn to one in person, and that we can have an offer accepted and put this whole hullabaloo behind us and start focusing on the good stuff: paint and furniture.
- If you’re lucky enough to be in Los Angeles before May 29, snag tickets to the Museum of Ice Cream and take envy-inducing selfies in the pool of sprinkles.
- I’m not ashamed to admit that I’ll probably buy this dress just because it looks so cute on Allie.
- I’m all about this relaxed striped dress. It’s only $49, so there’s a high likelihood that I’ll snag it next month and wear it with my new favorite sandals and oversize earrings (in “warm sandstone”) every single weekend this summer.
- Hitha’s recipe for Indian black pepper chicken looks amazing. I’m adding it to our menu this weekend.
- These posters to raise awareness for pet adoption in Mumbai are brilliant.
- Grace shared her most recent reading list. I can personally vouch for Styled.
- I haven’t started reading this interview with Anna Wintour on politics and the business of fashion yet, but it looks interesting. (I helpfully emailed it to myself two days ago with the subject line “read.”)
- We all know that I rarely don a pair of heels, but I’m tempted to add these to my collection in the red-orange hue.
- As if I didn’t already have intense wanderlust, a roundup of the prettiest beauty boutiques to visit is making me yearn to book a trip.
- Ikea issued the best response to Balenciaga’s $2,145 lookalike.
- The Met Gala is coming up on Monday, May 1. While you wait for this year’s looks to grace the red carpet, take a look back at some of the event’s best fashion moments.
- The outfit I’ve worn pretty much every weekend so far this spring.
- Colorful favorites for spring.
- This month’s shopping confessions, er, budget update.