Happy Labor Day weekend! We thought about taking a relatively impromptu trip somewhere, but then decided that staying close to home to work on a few projects and relax was probably a better use of our time! We’ll squeeze in a daylong jaunt to Lake Michigan tomorrow, though! It’s going to be 80 degrees and I could use one last day to play in the water before summer temperatures finally leave us. I hope you have a lovely and relaxing holiday weekend!
- I can’t wrap my head around the devastation caused by Hurricane Harvey. If you’d like to donate to the relief efforts, here are some options to consider. (I’d urge you to donate money instead of things. As well-meaning as supplies, clothing, and medications are, it takes time to sort through everything and even more time to get those items in the hands of the people that need them. Financial donations allow officials to purchase the items that are needed immediately.)
- The best part of grade school was adding new Lisa Frank school supplies to my arsenal. These sneakers would have been the Holy Grail item in my collection.
- Watching old episodes of Gossip Girl is one of my guilty pleasures. I loved this piece reflecting on the show’s fashion on its 10th anniversary.
- I love that Allie had her tailor take the bottom portion of her dress off. It looks so much cuter short!
- Can this just go on sale for like 50% off, please?
- How to brown meat so it’s actually brown.
- Five questions to ask yourself when you’re cleaning out your closet.
- The most popular interior design choices by age. (Maybe there’s something to it. I did just order this mid-century modern bar cabinet.)
- Ten things you should never pass up at an antique shop.
- If you’re hanging out at home this weekend, you can still make it a memorable one with these Labor Day weekend staycation ideas.
Five Under $50
- The cutest pajama shirt! It has cheetahs on it!
- A ladylike blouse. (A 40% discount will be applied at checkout.)
- Take 50% off this graphic-print top.
- A one-shoulder top with preppy stripes.
- A wear-with-everything tote.
Earlier This Week: