Between white supremacists marching in Charlottesville where Heather Heyer tragically lost her life, Trump’s complete and utter incompetency, and an horrific terrorist attack in Barcelona, this has been a pretty shitty week. Sometimes I feel superficial by glossing over current events on the blog. There are a lot of beautiful things in the world that I’d much rather talk about. However, that’s getting more and more difficult. Here’s to a weekend of love, acceptance, and healing.
- The solar eclipse is this Monday! Here are tips on photographing it with your phone.
- Jenny shared great tips for first-time home buyers.
- Exploring the differences in work demands for people without children. I work in very flexible workplace and am allowed to leave early for personal reasons if need be. However, it’s a lot easier for someone with children to fall back on kids as an excuse without it being questioned by anyone.
- We’re going to Milwaukee today to pick up our new nightstands. (We saved around $60 on shipping to have them sent to the store for pick up and I was able to use an in-store discount when we ordered them.) I love the mid-century design, but I’d like to give them more personality by switching out the drawer pulls. I’m going to go with either this or this.
- Cathy shares her tips on growing your Instagram following. (I actually started using Planoly for Curated Couple and I love it!)
- This pleated ombre skirt is so fun! Wear it with a camel-colored sweater and neutral heels to let the skirt really stand out.
- Cookie Monster is coming out with a cookbook and it sounds pretty adorable!
- I’ve been following interior design Instagram accounts for inspiration in our house. Here are 25 to follow. Then, check out these five for actually purchasing home finds.
- Prada and Miu Miu’s fuzzy hats are all kinds of amazing and fashion editors agree.
- Why catalogs still survive in the digital age.
Five Under $50:
- I ordered a few things from Target to try on this week. It’s all going back except for this unexpected win: a glen plaid bomber jacket.
- An oversize pair of Lucite earrings make a major statement.
- A dark floral cami with flirty ruffles.
- A classic bag in faux leather.
- The mixed prints on this romper are gorgeous! It’s 60% off for a limited time with code SUMMER60.
Earlier This Week:
- The Kate Spade dress I’ll be wearing every week this fall.
- I’m crazy about the blue heels in this week’s “The Coveted.” They also come in navy velvet, which are just as gorgeous.
- I went down memory road with my sartorial purchases to figure out what pieces eventually landed in the donation pile. Hopefully this approach helps me save money in the future.
- My new sandals! They took zero time to break in! (Snag ’em here. I want the black ones next.)