We’ve been living with mountains of boxes, rifling through them each time we need something. To say it’s frustrating would be putting it mildly! So, this weekend is all about unpacking and finding homes for our belongings, even if that home is Goodwill. I’m totally going to Marie Kondo this place and get rid of everything that doesn’t “spark joy” or serve a purpose. We have more stuff than I realized and when I want to tuck half of it away in the basement indefinitely, that’s probably a sign that I don’t need it at all. Other than that, we have a few home improvement projects to tackle, a chic ceiling fan to buy (do those even exist?!), meals to cook on the grill, and bike trails to explore around our new neighborhood.
- One of the best olive oil brands you can get comes from Costco. (This is the one we use most often and I can vouch for its quality, too!)
- Exploring architecture’s influence on fashion.
- The unusually popular summer travel destinations for residents in each state.
- This slinky wrap dress is the most perfect item for the hottest days of summer.
- I’ve linked to this before, but here’s where you can snag the jewelry cabinet I featured in my Instagram story Thursday night.
- A new book shares what legendary authors preferred to wear.
- Are you watching Netflix’s Glow? After reading this article on how the show’s makeup team nailed the 1980’s looks, I’m intrigued!
- I tried this dress on yesterday and it’s so cute! I’ll be adding it to my wardrobe soon!
- Your best lipstick shade according to your astrological sign. (I know it’s bunk, but they nailed it with Gemini and my love of bright pink shades!)
- Traveling without an itinerary sounds like hell to me, but I realize that a lot of the best things that happen on vacation are the things that aren’t planned. Here are tips on how to break the cycle of over-planning before your next escape.
Five Under $50:
- Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale ends tomorrow, so now’s the time to snag any fall items you can imagine yourself reaching for throughout the season! I completely missed this top the first time around. Doesn’t it look great for pairing with jeans and ankle boots?
- This satin pajama set is adorable, and I love that you can mix and match sizes for the top and bottom.
- Tassel earrings are still going strong. Here’s the latest pair I’m crushing on. The cobalt blue is stunning!
- A lightweight short-sleeve sweater with fringe trim.
- These floral cropped pants look like they should be from Ted Baker!
Earlier This Week:
- I only bought four things in July, but they really added up!
- Coveting summer-to-fall neutrals.
- A peek at our bedroom inspiration.
- More weekend links over at Curated Couple! (This is where I’m going to put more of the home-related content as I figure out a good posting groove. I don’t want to inundate you with things here that aren’t style-related if you’re not interested!)